Nightforce SHV or Swaro Z5??

Unno

Looking at either the Nightforce SHV 5-20 or a Swarovski Z5. Anybody have any input other than the obvious? Nightforce is heavy but beefy, Swaro is a lot lighter and glass seems a little better... Not too concerned about the weight though.
Any input greatly appreciated!

I am a Swarovski fan. Get a ballistic turret and you can quickly dial ranges with no fuss.

I am also a huge Swarovski fan and have the Z5 5-25x52 with ballistic turrent. It is a great scope and amazing glass; however, I kind of wish I had sprung for the X5 or the Nightforce to have the higher adjustment range. Once you set the zero stop on the Z5, you only get one rotation of scope adjustment to work with so on my setups that maxes out at 600yrds on the turret. Plenty of range for hunting but if you ever want to target shoot past that then you probably wont be able to get there with the Z5.

I have the Nightforce SHV 4-14x56. Great hunting scope for me. Love it. Good luck with your choice.

We need more details on what you are wanting to do with the scope. Obviously you are looking for a high quality optic, but what is your hunting/shooting style? Are you wanting to be able to dial and shoot out to 800 plus yards whether that be for practice or hunting? Or are you a guy that will rarely take shots over 300 yards or so and maybe want to practice a bit further out? Looking for the scope with the best optical performance and most forgiving eye relief and eye box? Those two scopes are quite different in their ideal application.

I also have the Nightforce SHV 4-14x56 and love it. Took a buffalo at 530 yards this year and the clarity was great. It was -15 so there was some frosting and when I contacted Nightforce about it they told me that can happen and to just use some anti-frost spray/clothes. Quality control on NF products is also amazing.

The swaro is going to have better glass then the nightforce SHV and NXS. But I hear the ATACR is some pretty nice glass. I have an NXS 5.5-22X56 and its not bad. Thinking about getting rid of it and getting a Leupold Mark 8

The swaro is going to have better glass then the nightforce SHV and NXS. But I hear the ATACR is some pretty nice glass. I have an NXS 5.5-22X56 and its not bad. Thinking about getting rid of it and getting a Leupold Mark 8
I wasn’t all that impressed with the Mark 8 for the money. The s&b and March had nicer glass for sure.

I have been twisting turrets since they came on the market. If the intended use of this scope is for hunting I would not consider any scope that did not have a zero stop. It's not a matter of if you get one rotation off it's just a matter of when Seen it happen more than once

I have been twisting turrets since they came on the market. If the intended use of this scope is for hunting I would not consider any scope that did not have a zero stop. It's not a matter of if you get one rotation off it's just a matter of when Seen it happen more than once
I thought this would never happen to me. Then, it did. mtmuley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back