NFA Wait Times

Silencer Central Purchase: 11/28/2022
Submitted: 12/28/2022
Letter sent to Zinke: 12/28/2023
Phone call with Zinke staffer: 01/03/2024
Approved: 01/04/2024

Coincidence that I was approved when I gave permission for the the Zinke staffer to contact the ATF? Possibly?

Now we wait for them in the mail which I've heard takes 2-6 weeks for SC to get it done.
Congratulations. Sorry it took so long. I’m sure your senators office was the key.

My experience with SC after getting approved was 10ish days for the Sheriff notification then about 7 days for it to be at my house.

Sucks you missed the season. But Congratulations.

Congratulations. Sorry it took so long. I’m sure your senators office was the key.

My experience with SC after getting approved was 10ish days for the Sheriff notification then about 7 days for it to be at my house.

I think silencer central is the slowest. Took me right at a year and a month with them too

Did mine through silencer shop and they had my silencers at my local gun dealer waiting for tax stamp approval. The day the tax stamp was approved I walked out with it no waiting for the local sheriff.
I wonder how they do that and why silencer central doesn't.

Did mine through silencer shop and they had my silencers at my local gun dealer waiting for tax stamp approval. The day the tax stamp was approved I walked out with it no waiting for the local sheriff.
I wonder how they do that and why silencer central doesn't.
I’ve heard their CEO/Founder talk in a few podcasts. He says it’s something that his attorneys have recommended. No idea. I think Silencer shop sends the notification of suppressor in the county as soon as the ATF application is submitted.

No idea.

It’s still easier then I ever thought and wish I would have started this five years earlier.

Last edited:
Bumping to spread hope and frustration (for those on the opposite end)

2 suppressor eforms approved this morning. 1st can was 71 days after eform submittal, 2nd was 64 days after eform submittal. I'm excited to start heating em up!
Are these form 1 or 4 approvals?

Are these form 1 or 4 approvals?
Form 4. Sico Scythe Ti and OCL polonium K suppressors submitted as an individual.
I hate you now :ROFLMAO:
I would too! Salt in the wound if capitol armory gets them in my hand faster than SC gets yours to you. If it makes you feel better my first can took almost 2 years because ATF took a long time and my gun shop effed up the paperwork so bad.

I would too! Salt in the wound if capitol armory gets them in my hand faster than SC gets yours to you.
There's a very high probability they are at the Post Office this morning. I missed delivery yesterday even though tracking said the package was going to Baker, MT. Though I'm not sure if they sent all 3 or just the rimfire suppressors. There is no info on shipping for my 30cal so it could be just lumped in the box with them.

submitted as an individual.
Do you think it was quicker due to submitting as an individual vs a trust? Could a person submit as an individual and then transfer to a trust once the suppressor is in-hand (even though it's too late for my Enticer S-Ti in jail)?

Do you think it was quicker due to submitting as an individual vs a trust?
I've heard that it can be and also that it doesn't matter so not sure. I could definitely see a trust being longer if there are multiple people on a trust. I saw other folks with 2 month approval times recently that used a trust though so it's not solely because of that.
Could a person submit as an individual and then transfer to a trust once the suppressor is in-hand (even though it's too late for my Enticer S-Ti in jail)?
I'm not well versed in NFA stuff but I think you have to pay for another tax stamp to transfer to a trust so I'd definitely not do that intentionally. I wasn't aware of that when i purchased these two or I probably would have ponied up to have them in a trust.

13 months and still waiting. Ima call and ask them to look under the vending machines in their snack room. Somebody done dropped it somewhere.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back