PEAX Equipment

NFA Wait Times

Just got email that my new cans will be in by end of next week. Ordered a backcountry and a rimfire march 2,2023 and approved 10/9/23

I got ATF notification of approval today for an application submitted on 2/28/23.

Started the process end of Nov for two with SC. The only advantage with CS is you can do it all from start to finish from the couch. I always responded same day with their next step. I've ordered locally in the past and never waited more than nine months. Doubt I'll use SC again unless their e-file talk every comes to fruition in real life.

Started the process end of Nov for two with SC. The only advantage with CS is you can do it all from start to finish from the couch. I always responded same day with their next step. I've ordered locally in the past and never waited more than nine months. Doubt I'll use SC again unless their e-file talk every comes to fruition in real life.

I’ve seen guys that have went through SC from March and April with approvals already. It’s the atf that is so random on what stack of papers they go through I think

I've been told it's due to paper apps still being processed so who knows. Seems first come/first served seems to not exist with the ATF.
It's been a few weeks so due to get a couple of those anti-climatic emails any day now.

Been waiting since 2/2/23.

Silencer Shop says current times are 8 to 12 months. I had hoped for 8 months, but as my name is about as common as John Smith I expected disappointment. I keep a concealed carry permit, even though they're not required here anymore, mostly so I don't have to wait on background checks when I buy guns. Having to go back another days blows.

For giggles, I go to SC to take a peak at status and I see ....
"You have no active applications at this time. Questions? Call 888.781.8778."

WTF

Extended Downtime to Customer Portal Due to Technology Upgrades

In our ongoing commitment to making buying silencers simple we are upgrading our technology in hopes of better serving you. As part of these efforts, we had initially planned for the customer portal to be offline for a very brief period of time with little to no impact to our customers.

Unfortunately the updates have taken longer than expected and you may notice that your information is no longer appearing in the customer portal.
Rest assured, this is a display issue only. Nothing about your purchase, payment, or status with us or the ATF has been affected during this upgrade. Regardless, we recognize this is frustrating and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Expected Resolution: Before 8 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2023
As always, our customer support team is available to assist you with any urgent inquiries or requests by online chat or by calling 888-781-8778.
We appreciate your patience and understanding. We will inform you as soon as the customer portal is fully functional once again.
Thank you,
Silencer Central

Last edited:
Two of the three I'm waiting on came back today, 224 days on both, the third is at 191 days, I was hoping they'd batch approve that one like they used to.

Last one I had outstanding came in today, 203 days. This is can number 18 for me, 23rd overall NFA item. I think I'm going to pick up one more rifle can when it comes back in stock, then I'll be pretty well handled, well maybe another PCC can.........I have a problem.

How long are you guys seeing from the time Silencer Central posts a USPS tracking number to when it ships? The website says 5-7 business days, but just curious what the real time is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back