Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Newborn

Brittany Chukarman

My wife took these just minutes after the doe dropped the fawn. As the doe was drying it and getting it up the yearling was bouncing all around. Within minutes she was moving it out of the pasture.

Attachments

• DSCF9158 (Large).jpg
    DSCF9158 (Large).jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 515
  • DSCF9169 (Large).jpg
    DSCF9169 (Large).jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 452
great pics.
On a sad note . . .I got a call from the guy that bales one of my hay fields yesterday, he clipped a fawn (buck) while cutting. . .severed his back right leg about half way up and right above the hoof on the left leg. . .I don't believe I could have saved him, so I put him down. I hated to do it, but I didn't want the little guy to suffer anymore. . .It was tough to do. I'm sure it happens all over the place, but, only the second time for us. :(

great pics.
On a sad note . . .I got a call from the guy that bales one of my hay fields yesterday, he clipped a fawn (buck) while cutting. . .severed his back right leg about half way up and right above the hoof on the left leg. . .I don't believe I could have saved him, so I put him down. I hated to do it, but I didn't want the little guy to suffer anymore. . .It was tough to do. I'm sure it happens all over the place, but, only the second time for us. :(

Giving the animals a week to grow and begin running will help that problem.

Giving the animals a week to grow and begin running will help that problem.

I agree shoots, but, I have been seeing small ones all over running around and the cutting is based on the weather forecast too. Im guessing this one was a "late" one, no real way of letting them grow a week if they have been dropping for 3 weeks . . .when do you say "ok they are done"? No way of knowing. I still hate that it happened. . .maybe Im a little too passionate about my deer and deer hunting? "Hi my name is RutJunkey, and I'm addicted to whitetails". lol

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back