Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New Wyoming Archery Ram Record

MuddyBull

So I am on day 19 straight of working 12 -16 hrs per day. ( don't weep for me Dink as 27 days of vacation begin Aug 30th!). I check emails this morning and a bud who drew a sheep tag this year is wanting to know what the State record is for archery BigHorns. As a P&Y scorer I have measured several good critters by this guy, so of course I was intrigued by his inquiry. " By my data it is 168.5. Why would you ask?" was my reply. He came back with " I killed a 12 year old ram that grosses 180, ya think he will take over?"
Of course we all know 12 yr old 180 rams are rare here for a rifle hunter so to get er done with a bow is amazing. This dude has a Dad who has drawn and filled 4 Bighorn tags in Wyoming, self guided. He himself has taken a Wy Bighorn years ago and also a monster 40+ Dall by rifle as a youngster. So when he says 180 gross, I gotta believe it.
He is keeping pics tight, so don't start the " this thread is useless" stuff. I did get one however and the ram is huge for Wyoming. Plus I am tired and pissy and ready for September.

I found a 93 incher , not counting his 3 big droppers, but I never posted about it for just this reason!:hump::D:hump:
Did you know every picture of Popeye ( except the rare Summer shots) where taken 5 miles from my home?:D

well we are waiting to see this thing. You say you have a pic, lets see it when you can put it up.

You must be best friends with M.B. then. Did you have the same post office:hump:

Don't mind me, I am just bitter, I should be sheep hunting as we speak.

Dink, you bring up M.B. ? No, not a friend at all but have been amazed at the reinvention of himself as a Colorado and Mexico big mulie killer. Did you notice his new "grill"

Dink, you bring up M.B. ? No, not a friend at all but have been amazed at the reinvention of himself as a Colorado and Mexico big mulie killer. Did you notice his new "grill"

I never saw him before the new grill. BUT I knew that sucker was fake the first time I saw it. Some people are not smart enough to use a toothbrush?

Don't know how this thread turned from a cool monster ram to the greatest soap opera of the winter range but.. A fella from Utah began making the first videos of monster winter range mule deer featuring among others, a buck called "Pop Eye'. He was 40" 220'+ deer for several years in a row with the guy getting video and a local picking up the sets of sheds in those years.
Word got out as it often does and the Winter range was soon full of photog's and fans with folks setting on the deer 24 / 7. The video guy had his brother parked in a local Motel, his job to pick up the set of antlers. He dutifully sat for days from daylight to dark. On Jan 1st of 97 or 98 ( I forget the year) dawn reveled Popeye had shed one side early. The brother had slept in, the local picked up the one horn and eventually the match. Popeye died that Winter ,maybe of the stress of his celebrity and folks pushing him every day while trying to see/ photo him or maybe just because he was damn old.
There is more to the story, but suffice it to say that some people allow their goals in life to consume them and eventually they go past the line far enough to prevent them from ever achieving their dream. We all must hunt with honor.

WyoDeerHunter: he doesn't deserve that moniker. He just Wintered in a poor place. Many knew of him and hunted him for years and yet he died on the Winter Range. I'm glad he won, but wish I could have beat him one October day. What a buck he was.
MB

Back