New WY Member

Bob-WY

Hi!

My wife and I recently relocated from NH to WY! Coming up on a year here, so we are about to become residents for hunting/fishing!

We hunted here 2 times for mulie/antelope and a few archery elk hunts in ID.

Our first fall here we went all "girl tags" with doe antelope/deer and cow elk. Never saw or heard an elk, just lots of elk hunters (probably the reason there were tags so easy to get, everyone gets em!). We both tagged 2 antelope doe with rifles, wife got a whitetail doe with her bow, I got 2.

Looking forward to chatting

Bob

Welcome from Cheyenne. I can give you general ideas on where to go. I am old enough now I keep forgetting my age and telling people I am 65. I turn 64 in May. I am also reaching that age where I want to see more people get into hunting and fishing so I will offer ideas on where to go if you ever need some. Deer and antelope are easy I think. Elk I am a novice myself but my luck has increased after I had a young but experienced whippersnapper beat it into my head on the right way to locate and stalk elk. Feel free to contact me if you want ideas. I am a novice elk hunter myself but I now tag something with at least a cow elk tag nearly every year I go. I am also a meat hunter so I am not all that choosy and take what I get as long as it's a mature animal and not a fawn or calf (elk 4 points or better, deer 3 pts or better, and antelope at least 12 tall). Found neat fishing places too since I moved to Cheyenne.

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back