New toy today!

dcopas78

I picked up my Kimber Mountain Ascent chambered in 300 WSM today as part of the life membership with BHA. My friend, who owns a gunshop and handles the transfers for me, gave me 3 partial boxes of ammo he took in on trade to get it broke in properly. Pretty nice to have those kinds of friends! I had to order some 30mm rings for it this evening so that I can mount the scope I have for it, as well as a couple boxes of Nosler Trophy Grade to try through it. I am stoked to try it out, and it will hopefully be going to New Mexico with me if everything works out with getting it shooting straight.

Attachments

• 20160928_214718[1].jpg
    20160928_214718[1].jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 378
  • 20160928_214750[1].jpg
    20160928_214750[1].jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 372
  • 20160928_214722[1].jpg
    20160928_214722[1].jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 377
Fine looking badazz shootin' iron right there...great caliber. Talley lightweight 30MM's? What scope?

Fine looking badazz shootin' iron right there...great caliber. Talley lightweight 30MM's? What scope?

Yeah, Talley. The ones they sent with it were for 1" tube. For right now I'm putting my Vortex Viper HS 4X16X44 on it but I think I am think I'm going to order a Leupold VX-3i of some variant for it after the holidays. I would request it as an early Christmas present from my wife, but she already informed me she is buying me a tool chest so I can get all my tools in one place :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It is supposed to weigh 5lbs 10oz according to the Kimber website. I haven't weighed it yet though to see if this is accurate. It is definitely one of the lightest guns I have had my hands on though.

Great looking rifle!

I'm curious, whats the deal with BHA life membership - you pay and get a free rifle, or a discount?

There are a few different options for life membership available. I chose the $2500 membership (paid in 10 payments) and there was an option to choose either a Kimber rifle or Seek Outside 12man tipi with XXL stove/liner. This is the platinum level life membership. There is also a Gold Level($1500) with the option of a Seek Outside 6 man with XL stove and carbon pole or a Kimber .45ACP 1911. A silver level is $1000 and there is option for gift of SO Cimmaron tent with stove and pipe or a Kimber .380 micro carry. I think you can get any of the life memberships on a payment option if you call them up. It is a great way to pick up a piece of gear and more importantly support an organization that promotes public land and access.

nice looking rig! A Kimber Montana rifle will be my next purchase just have to figure out which caliber!!

There are a few different options for life membership available. I chose the $2500 membership (paid in 10 payments) and there was an option to choose either a Kimber rifle or Seek Outside 12man tipi with XXL stove/liner. This is the platinum level life membership. There is also a Gold Level($1500) with the option of a Seek Outside 6 man with XL stove and carbon pole or a Kimber .45ACP 1911. A silver level is $1000 and there is option for gift of SO Cimmaron tent with stove and pipe or a Kimber .380 micro carry. I think you can get any of the life memberships on a payment option if you call them up. It is a great way to pick up a piece of gear and more importantly support an organization that promotes public land and access.

That is pretty tempting.

Now thinking....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back