New To the West

rjlefty3

Found this site and it's nice to see others with the same passion about the outdoors as I do - which is easier said than done. I'm a big fan of the OYOA show and had no idea there was a forum all about it.

My name's Riley and I've lived in the northeast all my life but moved out to SD this past summer after graduating college. My wife was on board with the move and it ended up working out, although it's only a year commitment and after this spring we'll head back east. Unfortunately this year requires a big commitment to my job, but the few times I've been able to go hunting have been an absolute blast. I made a trip to WY for antelope with my dad and did some deer hunting in SD. Western hunting is without a doubt the funniest hunting I've ever done. Can't wait until I get do it again!

Just wanted to introduce myself. Love what the forum and shows are all about!

Thanks for signing up. Hope you get many more chances to hunt out west, even if work takes you back east.

welcome aboard from a fellow South Dakotan. there is lots of good hunting In the western part of the state. hopefully you are able to enjoy at least some of it while you are here. who knows maybe you will consider moving back in the future.

I'm out in Rapid. Great place to be, I love it. All our family is back east, which makes it tough to stay long term. I have convinced my wife to let me come on a once yearly basis (at least :D) when we get our student loans down a bit.

I managed to get out during the West River season and found this guy. Going to be one of my favorite memories for sure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 135
Here's my dad's antelope. Took us a couple days to figure out where the antelope were on public, but after we did things worked out. He was pretty upset when I made him run to catch up with the group. I think he's over it now, although I swear I'm still pulling cactus quills out of my legs.

As for me, well...let's just say it wasn't my best day of shooting :D.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 129
Welcome. It didn't take you long to put a nice deer down. Nothing wrong with living in Rapid.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jd Gardner
Back