Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New to NM and elk hunting Unit 12

I'd throw my name into the hat by i already tagged an elk in 16E during first archery.
Cool.

Michael is sick and his son filled the freezer with a bull in 13. Cool. Well the freezer is...

I must be doing something wrong. LOL
RO LO tags are useless I guess.

Nevermind. I know a guy with a tag. Deal with that.

Cool.

Michael is sick and his son filled the freezer with a bull in 13. Cool. Well the freezer is...

I must be doing something wrong. LOL
RO LO tags are useless I guess.

Nevermind. I know a guy with a tag. Deal with that.
Depends on the ranch. I had a guy try to sell me a RO tag in 46 for 2k$ once. His ranch was 50 acres with Elk on it "sometimes". That was a hard no.

140 ac and there are elk about. But they don't call it shopping.

I also give them away....because ranchers are greedy mothers that get $5k ...

Like I said. Nevermind. 2 went unconverted then.

140 ac and there are elk about. But they don't call it shopping.

I also give them away....because ranchers are greedy mothers that get $5k ...

Like I said. Nevermind. 2 went unconverted then.
My brother and his wife there in quemado would certainly be interested. Maybe not this year because its already hunting time and my brother drew a cow tag.

Hank i'm sorry there aren't folks close by who couldn't appreciate the opportunity. It's kind of a Catch -22 for folks than NEED an elk in the freezer, that they seldom have time to devote to waiting on intermittent elk, even when they are regularly intermittent!

My former Father in law was like that. He had time to do all his own hay, rebuild old Volkswagons, cut wood, build a couple saddles, be in the county sheriff's posse, trade guns, etc. But I'll be damned if he would carve out 3 days to go elk hunting in any of the units adjacent to Grangeville ID. But he bought an elk and deer tag every year. He never spent a night out during hunting season as long as I knew him.

Hank i'm sorry there aren't folks close by who couldn't appreciate the opportunity. It's kind of a Catch -22 for folks than NEED an elk in the freezer, that they seldom have time to devote to waiting on intermittent elk, even when they are regularly intermittent!

My former Father in law was like that. He had time to do all his own hay, rebuild old Volkswagons, cut wood, build a couple saddles, be in the county sheriff's posse, trade guns, etc. But I'll be damned if he would carve out 3 days to go elk hunting in any of the units adjacent to Grangeville ID. But he bought an elk and deer tag every year. He never spent a night out during hunting season as long as I knew him.
It's all good.
I don't have to make any plans or anything now. His loss.

Just fill my own tag.

Hell no.
I going to drive my truck up next to it and use the winch and tie down straps to hold the legs while I skin and do the gutless route. Just takes longer solo.

Country boy will survive!
Didn't mean offense. You've had a full plate of being kicked in the nuts this year.

The whole point was too share hunts with my brother.
It never did pan out when we did and the main reason I have almost always hunted alone since.
I tried, again. My bad, I'm the little brother who is...

The whole point was too share hunts with my brother.
It never did pan out when we did and the main reason I have almost always hunted alone since.
I tried, again. My bad, I'm the little brother who is...
Good luck, Hank. I knocked over a cow in 12 last weekend. They're bunched up, but they're out there to be found.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back