New setup

I started bow hunting last year and this was a big discovery for me. I was shooting QAD Exodus Broadheads and found the barbless (full blade) magnified the effect even more than the QAD Exodus barb style (less aerodynamic drag issue).

And then I went to the Swhacker 2” and DING DING DING. They grouped right next to my field points.

I got the QAD’s pretty close to the field points…about 2” off at 30 yards. what I really found is that if my form was off even the slightest it really magnified the effect of the wind on the arrow. Slip concentration and watch me shoot 6” off.

The Swhackers were much, much more forgiving.

I’m kinda sure I could get it all dialed in with more work…but dang, it’s work. Super tiny rest changes make a big difference.

Good luck and congrats on the new obession!

Anyway, good luck!
It's pretty much the same routine no matter which BH is being shot, I think. There's BS all over the web about tuning things every which a way but in the end it comes down to the archer.

It's pretty much the same routine no matter which BH is being shot, I think. There's BS all over the web about tuning things every which a way but in the end it comes down to the archer.
The procedure is the same regardless of the broadhead, but some heads are easier to tune than others. As @Robert N's experience illustrates, a broadhead with less surface area is typically easier to get hitting alongside field points and is less sensitive to wind and form errors.

Shot a lot of arrows over 2-3 hours today. Did a walk back tune to 30 and shot the 3 dots in the pic. Was pretty happy.

22D6F9E2-F7D5-4B50-A892-94D3B42B741A.jpeg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back