New scope settings?

Paisano

When you buy a new scope, what has your experience been with how the turrets are set at the factory? Are they set in the middle of their range of travel for the most part? Have you ever seen the elevation turret set as far down as possible from the factory?

Thanks for any experience you can share!

When you buy a new scope, what has your experience been with how the turrets are set at the factory? Are they set in the middle of their range of travel for the most part? Have you ever seen the elevation turret set as far down as possible from the factory?

Thanks for any experience you can share!
Never checked a new one. I do have a cool trick to set a scope to the center of adjustments if you need it. mtmuley

Describe it please.
You need a small mirror. I stole a compact make up one from my wife years ago. She still hasn't missed it. Hold the mirror on the objective lens of the scope. Look through the scope. You will see two sets of the reticle. Line them up while holding the mirror to the scope and you will be in the center of adjustment. If I missed something p_ham can chime in. mtmuley

This is what I have about it. Leupold uses the same thing to center the reticles in scopes that come in for warranty or other issues.

Stand the scope vertical, large objective down on a small mirror (makeup type mirror works great). You'll see 2 reticles...the actual reticle and a reflection. Adjust your windage and elevation and you will see the reflected reticle move. Adjust both directions until the reflection is directly over the top of the stationary reticle. You'll be adjusting opposite direction of the movement of the reticle to the mirror. Really cool and easy to do.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back