PEAX Equipment

New Pants/Bibs

TN2shot07

I'm hoping to get some guidance on upgrading my pants for late season (primarily tree stand). I'm currently running the Sitka Stratus jacket and like it, my only complaint is the brushed face seems prone to picking up burs and snagging. I'm considering the stratus pants or bibs but also came across the timberlines and that waterproof seat and knees look useful. I'm definitely not hooked on Sitka, so all opinions are welcome, just good experiences with it so far. I have been working over the last couple seasons to get some nicer gear and have to say it does seem to pay off when the weather doesn't cooperate.

I tried the search feature but I couldn't find much comparing these, thanks in advance for any help.

For my cold weather treestand/shooting house hunts, I love wearing Drake bibs and a MST jacket.

Check out First Lite's new Solitude bib. They might be about the right weight for TN.

Here in Virginia I run stratus bibs until temps get below 30, then switch to the fanatic bibs which are solid for me into the teens. If burrs are an issue, I have a buddy who runs the incinerator bibs which have a smooth exterior. They are ridiculously warm but might fit your needs/wants. You’ll just have to modify what clothes you wear on your hike in to keep from overheating.

I live in AL. I just got the solitude bibs and jacket. I plan on wearing the furnace bottoms, furnace 1/4 zip top. prolly grab a mid or light set of base layers. I actually have a pair of UA storm pants already for the time being (may get a pair of obsidian later). cant imagine needing more. I really wanted sitka but i dont care for the elevated pattern at all. Looks to blue to me. Subalpine looks better but alot of green. The fusion camo for me looks really well for southern terrain as it has a little bit of green with light and dark browns.

Back