New NWTF study reveals surprising motivations

dgibson

The NWTF did a survey of turkey hunters to determine their motivations and what was most important to them with regards to hunting & management: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Assumptions can be misleading, and sometimes just plain wrong. For instance, hunters are primarily concerned with firearms safety education and providing hunting opportunities for youth--not harvesting game as is often believed. That's just one of the significant findings in a recent hunter behavior and attitude study commissioned by the National Wild Turkey Federation.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> http://www.nwtf.org/nwtf_newsroom/press_releases.php?id=373

MY OPINION: The opposition will easily dismiss this as not applicable to hunters in general, but to turkey hunters specifically. Or not representative of the hunting population as a whole. Or skewed by the use of NWTF membership in California. Or some other similar reason. But still, the results are intriguing and, as 1_p would say, "encouraging." It will be interesting to see the results of the forthcoming economic study, as well.
hump.gif

Yes, that is what I would say! Man, you're getting right sharp for a Kentuckian! Sure you weren't born across the river?
wink.gif

However, I think the biggest skew with a survey like that IS the membership. For one, most people who will ante up just the $25 (or whatever the rate is) to join an org. is not (sadly) what I consider a 'typical' hunter. Those involved with a group do care more about the future of hunting, which both those topics address, and is why they joined in the first place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back