Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New Notebook Purchase...MacBook or HP???

Ovis

My Gateway notebook turned over a few months ago. I know the problem with it, but the warranty is up and quite frankly I'm tired of sending it back in for the same problem (short between the motherboard and power supply connector).

So I've been real tempted to buy a new notebook. Been leaning towards my first Mac. As much as I like my multimedia programs I think this would be the toy for me. More compatible than the Apple of yesteryear and less vulnerable to viruses than a PC are other reasons wanting to switch. But really the pics, video, music, etc that I mentioned previously.

That said, I know many a person who love their HPs which I have never owned either. I think they are time proven.

So if anyone has experience with either, especially notebooks, post up and tell me your thoughts. There's gotta be someone around here that knows a thing or two about the HP...cough, cough, ahemmmm.

I am a proud owner of a MacBook Pro. The majority of my friends have all switched to Mac's as well. They aren't nearly as prone to viruses which is great. If I were you I would fork out the money for the Pro though. The little extras are nice. If you are buying it for video, photos and audio they are the industry standard.

My gateway had the same problem, its a p.o.s.

You won't be disappointed w/ a mac, in fact you will never look back especially if you are using it for any kind of multimedia work.

Thanks for the gouge guys. Curious...how much mo betta is the display on the pro than the basic? Not sure I can justify another grand on a better display and another gig when i can get the gig aftermarket. Plus I'm looking for something on the compact side.

I have about 50 HP laptops on my network at work. They seem to be a good machine. In the last year I've taken in 5 for warrenty work. 1 was a Mother Board problem 2 had connector issues much like your DELL and the other 2 were user created problems. From an IT managers point of view I like them.
I don't know a thing about the MACs. I'm a windows kinda guy.

My last two work notebooks have been HP's and so is my home mod...that being said, they are spec'ng me another for work right now but it's an Lenovo (IBM) Thinkpad...hope it doesn't end up being a stinkpad!

Ovis, the reason I went with the pro was that video editing would be easier on a bigger screen. If you are looking compact you will be very happy with the MacBook. The support is great too, and the warranty is almost no questions asked. I had trouble installing my Audio Capture, and called Mac and they walked me through it then showed me how to use some of the things better to install later. Anyway just my two $.

Posting from a shiny white macbook. Thanks for the help guys.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back