New Mexico

Tyler1215

Hello. I'm having a hard time understanding how the process works for buying a land owner tag in New Mexico. I'm not looking for a guided hunt just a way of getting a antelope tag without having to pay 4grand. Any information or advice is appreciated. Thank you

You basically just have to find someone willing to sell you one. I'm pretty sure NM publishes a list of landowners who get tags, etc. Many of the landowners use outfitters to sell their tags. But for example, even GoHunt has a page that lists tags for sale, some in NM.

I think private land pronghorn licenses are over the counter in NM. You have to have written permission from the landowner when you hunt and these are not valid on public land. Some land owners are issued tags that can be resold and have an authorization number.

Rzrbck918 is correct, if I was you use a platform like on X hunt to determine landowners and with a little bit of googling you can usually find a way to get a hold of them. If you’re set on unit 32 as far as landowners go east of the pecos river gets hunted pretty hard on the public tags and a lot of the landowners out there aren’t big fans of hunters because of the disrespectful ones that can’t follow the rules. Try Some of the ranches and farms between Roswell and Fort Sumner, lots of nice people out that way. If you try for a while and don’t have any luck send me a PM

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back