Caribou Gear

New Mexico

Archie

Hello from southern New Mexico.

I'm a retired state police commander turned back-country rifle hunter, wading through the lottery draws in the Land of Enchantment, still patiently awaiting my bighorn sheep tag. I am an avid big game hunter, and especially enjoy physically demanding, challenging hunts.

I'm also a meat hunter, so I'm looking forward to drawing on some of the wisdom and experience here on the forum.

Thanks for the add.

Rich

And welcome from Socorro. I grew up in Catron county a bit but mostly in Cruces, so I'm always happy to have a local on board.

Lots of good hunting near Las Cruces. Welcome and good luck in your hunting endeavors.

Probably the best hunt of my life was at Jornada experimental farm just northwest of Las Cruces. Lucky to draw an Oryx tag. Real hunt. Not spot and shoot. Actually tracked one for 3 miles in the sands. I was not the tracker, but the ranch guide did a hell of a job. Did manage a small bull.

Most interesting were the Indian artifacts. You could not walk without stepping on pottery. Federal lands and protected. Could not touch any of it. I think NMSU used the ranch for archeology field trips.

Welcome.
I'm from Kansas. two years ago a group of my friends took me to New Mexico. We went up to Eagles Nest and around Red river. I thought that was some of the most amazing places I have been other then all the tourest. I have been wanting to explore more of it but it's hard getting time off when your a teacher.

I was selected for the Jornada experimental range for oryx in February... can’t wait for the last month to pass to start this hunt.. !

Welcome and thank you for your service. Most of my family has served. Hope you enjoy retirement and your hunts. Good people on this site that are willing to help.

Welcome from El Paso, Texas. I'm also part of the law enforcement community. Hunt New Mexico every chance I get. Good luck on the draw this year.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back