Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New Mexico Unit 2 Info

TN VOL

Hey guys..I've found a last minute opportunity on a NM Unit 2 elk landowner tag for muzzleloader or rifle...I've heard decent things about this unit. My only concern is I'm late into getting info/scouting the unit. The tag cost twice as much as a normal tag which isn't as bad as other landowner tags, but its still a big investment to a place I know nothing about and have just a few weeks to put something together..does anyone have info good or bad about this unit? I know its not typical/classic elk country..more of desert hunt..pm me if anyone has any info..thanks guys!

I wish I could help. I've been trying to find the same sort of info. I have the first rifle tag.
Are you planning on camping? Trying to figure out where we would stay as well

This is a last minute kind of deal so I’m unsure at the moment..I’d rather camp close to where we hunt, I need to research how far lodging is away from where I’d like to hunt. I hate driving an hour one way to hunt every morning

Would help if I could. NM is a big state and do not know your unit unit.

Had to look up your unit to identify it. That country is wide open country. Pretty arid. I would look for water. Never hunted it.

Are you planning on camping? Trying to figure out where we would stay as well
I have a friend of a friend i guess you can say who was nice enough to let us park a camper on his property in the middle of 2b. From my research there is a few campgrounds around. Hotels in Bloomfield would be closer than Farmington. But hotels would be an hour or so away I'm afraid.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back