New Mexico Unit 2 Info

TN VOL

Hey guys..I've found a last minute opportunity on a NM Unit 2 elk landowner tag for muzzleloader or rifle...I've heard decent things about this unit. My only concern is I'm late into getting info/scouting the unit. The tag cost twice as much as a normal tag which isn't as bad as other landowner tags, but its still a big investment to a place I know nothing about and have just a few weeks to put something together..does anyone have info good or bad about this unit? I know its not typical/classic elk country..more of desert hunt..pm me if anyone has any info..thanks guys!

I wish I could help. I've been trying to find the same sort of info. I have the first rifle tag.
Are you planning on camping? Trying to figure out where we would stay as well

This is a last minute kind of deal so I’m unsure at the moment..I’d rather camp close to where we hunt, I need to research how far lodging is away from where I’d like to hunt. I hate driving an hour one way to hunt every morning

Would help if I could. NM is a big state and do not know your unit unit.

Had to look up your unit to identify it. That country is wide open country. Pretty arid. I would look for water. Never hunted it.

Are you planning on camping? Trying to figure out where we would stay as well
I have a friend of a friend i guess you can say who was nice enough to let us park a camper on his property in the middle of 2b. From my research there is a few campgrounds around. Hotels in Bloomfield would be closer than Farmington. But hotels would be an hour or so away I'm afraid.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back