MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New Mexico G and F releasing your identity

I got the same email, but I am not in favor of NMGF stance or the way they shared the news of their loss in court. I believe transparency is a good thing. I understand people may use public information for less than ethical purposes, but when it comes to transparency regrading scarce public resources I'm 100% in the camp that all the cards need to be face up on the table. The incentive to cheat in a big game tag draw has never been higher, increasing the need for all states to be transparent and accountable to the public. If you are concerned about your name and address showing up on a list of tag holders, don't apply for one of the public's limited wildlife tags.

Name/address, home phone number, wife’s work schedule and parking spot, whatever probably isn’t a big deal over an elk tag for the reasons I wouldn’t want it out there, but I can’t say I’d be a major fan of my home address being published in a few years in Wyoming when say, somebody draws a grizzly tag.

Then again, it’s pretty easy to find out where someone lives from other means. If they own a house and it’s not in an LLC. It’ll take me about two minutes online

Back