Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New Mexico Draw Deadline Approaching (Mar. 21st)

Yes, I know I will get most of it back in a month as a credit on my credit card. The problem is I will pay it off so I don't owe any interest on it before the credit comes back to my card. That will end up creating a big credit balance on the card.

It will take several months before I can use that credit up. With just me, I never had to bother getting the credit card company to refund the resulting credit balance. With the added $ from my son's applications I may have to look into how to get the credit card company to send me a check for my credit balance.

The highest odds of any tag we applied for was a deer tag with 11.3% chance. I think the combined chance of drawing $12,800+ of those (Bighorn Sheep, Oryx and Ibex) are about 1% for both of us and that's only because he gets better odds for the youth hunts!

Last edited:
I'm in for elk only with about 4%, 16%, and 26% odds. Actually, slightly less with 2 applicants. Crossing my fingers but have a back-up plan in place with the dreaded red box likely to rear her ugly head.

First time applying in New Mexico wish everyone luck! Any one have any idea around the release of the results? I know on toprut it says late april

On my Birfday......................lol
4 / 25

Hopefully your present comes a little ahead of schedule this year! In 2015, I got lucky on the morning of my 36th birthday and managed to score on my first elk. Fingers crossed I can spend another birthday carrying a bow around in NM.... Good luck!

It seems like they turn it around fast and the refund is back on your card before the statement shows up. At least I think I remember it that way.

Hopefully your present comes a little ahead of schedule this year! In 2015, I got lucky on the morning of my 36th birthday and managed to score on my first elk. Fingers crossed I can spend another birthday carrying a bow around in NM.... Good luck!

It keeps creeping up & shortening in time too it seems. Talk is it will be earlier again.
Congrats on your bull &good luck in the draw.

How does that correlate with the draw? I'm not being a smartass, just curious how that works and truly asking.

NM has been on my mind today as well.

In the past the harvest reporting was a "backdoor" way to see your results early. If a harvest report showed up in your account you knew that you drew a tag. Once that was known New Mexico started closing down the harvest report presumably to prevent people from seeing results early.

Sometime this morning the message on the Harvest Report page changed. It now says that Mandatory Reporting for 2018-19 is currently unavailable.

Results posted 4/12 last year, which would be Thursday this week. If Hank is correct we might see results today! Hopefully by end of the week. my credit card cycle hits on the 15th. then I also know how aggressive to get in NV. And why does UT take so much dang time???

Back