PEAX Equipment

New Mexico 2A mule deer oct31-nov4

Southern hunter

Hey to all I’ve watched newberg for a while now and really enjoy his program I’m reaching out because my dad and me drew the unit 2a oct31-nov4 rifle tag for mule deer. We were going to go out a few day early to scout road and drainages. The beef canyon area looks like a big funnel for migrating deer but I was hoping someone may have a little insight. Thank you

Nice tag, been trying for the late archery tag in the 2s for years. Good luck.

Nice tag, been trying for the late archery tag in the 2s for years. Good luck.
man we’re really excited about it this will be my first rifle out of state hunt. I normally only bow hunt but my dad is getting older and I want to do some hunts with him while he is still able to

Might be a little early for migrating deer. But If it were me and I wanted to gameplan for a migration hunt; I'd look at the cdow hunt atlas and find the migration route data for the deer heading down toward New Mexico. Then I'd plot those routes in Earth and use them to determine the land features that are going to stear the deer into NM. Hit those places and keep checking for deer to show up. Get a decent hunting map for the area, set reasonable expectations, and be ready to abandon that plan if it's not working out. Look at game planner maps for a solid hunting map. They have served me well on all my hunts...cause plan a almost never pans out for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back