New guy here. Any other Okies?

Colberjs

Hello everybody!

My name is Jesse. I'm from Oklahoma. I enjoy all types of hunting and hunt pretty regularly on public land.

Are there any other Okies on here?

Based on Mr. Haggard's song I think we are all part Okie and proud to be.

We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee;
We don't take no trips on LSD
We don't burn no draft cards down on Main Street;
We like livin' right, and bein' free.
I'm proud to be an Okie from Muskogee,
A place where even squares can have a ball
We still wave Old Glory down at the courthouse,
And white lightnin's still the biggest thrill of all
We don't make a party out of lovin';
We like holdin' hands and pitchin' woo;
We don't let our hair grow long and shaggy,
Like the hippies out in San Francisco do.
And I'm proud to be an Okie from Muskogee,
A place where even squares can have a ball.
And white lightnin's still the biggest thrill of all.
Leather boots are still in style for manly footwear;
Beads and Roman sandals won't be seen.
Football's still the roughest thing on campus,
And the kids here still respect the college dean.
In Muskogee, Oklahoma, USA.

Welcome

Welcome, you know we live in a country where you can move away, right? Spent 20 years in the center of the state. Love the people I know in in oklahoma, the climate not so much.

There's an okie here who usually posts some stud whitetail bucks taken on public land occasionally. Good state....awesome people.

..welcome colber.

Welcome, you know we live in a country where you can move away, right? Spent 20 years in the center of the state. Love the people I know in in oklahoma, the climate not so much.

You got that right!

I've tried to talk my wife into moving somewhere a little cooler but she HATES cold weather. She doesn't seem to care that I'm the one that works outside year round while she only goes outside to get to her vehicle or walk from store to store. Haha.

There's an okie here who usually posts some stud whitetail bucks taken on public land occasionally. Good state....awesome people.

..welcome colber.

True. Believe he goes by huntinfool05 or something like that. Guy knows how to trap as well.

to the OP,

Where in Oklahoma?

I lived in Oklahoma for quite a few years. It's a state that is often overlooked with quite a bit of public land scattered around the state.

Did you apply for any of the controlled hunts in Oklahoma this year?

..welcome colber.

I think that's the friendliest thing I've ever heard between a Texan and Okie. My wife is from Texas and you would think the other side of the Red River was mars. A buddy of mine went to OU and it's the same thing for them.

Maybe just a football thing. Welcome Colberjs!

I think that's the friendliest thing I've ever heard between a Texan and Okie. My wife is from Texas and you would think the other side of the Red River was mars. A buddy of mine went to OU and it's the same thing for them.

Maybe just a football thing. Welcome Colberjs!

It is a FB thing. I remember a few years back a Texas and OU fan got into a knife fight at Applebee's restaurant. The worst part it was in August so football season had not started. Here lately OU has been kicking UT's arse. I believe Stoops has a 5 and 4 game winning streak in his 13 or so years.

http://newsok.com/knife-fight-breaks-out-between-ou-texas-fans-in-san-antonio/article/3591038

An argument over college football between fans of Big 12 rival teams resulted in a knife fight at an Applebee's restaurant that sent two men to the hospital, according to San Antonio TV station KENS.

Per the report, the argument escalated when a 29-year-old Oklahoma Sooners fan pulled a knife out and attacked a 22-year-old Texas Longhorns fan.

True. Believe he goes by huntinfool05 or something like that. Guy knows how to trap as well.

to the OP,

Where in Oklahoma?

I lived in Oklahoma for quite a few years. It's a state that is often overlooked with quite a bit of public land scattered around the state.

I live about 10 miles from Eufaula Dam in Porum. Located in Muskogee County.

This is the first year I put in for controlled hunts and our group got drawn for the McAlester ammunition plant hunt Nov. 15-17. Recurve only.

We have quite a bit of public land. One area is near McAlester and only about an hour from me that is an archery only area. Lots of nice deer there. I like to hunt on some public land in Osage County just a few miles from the Kansas state line. Some open country up there and it's just beautiful!!! I see deer every time I go. I hike 1.5-2 miles back in there to hunt.

It is a FB thing. I remember a few years back a Texas and OU fan got into a knife fight at Applebee's restaurant. The worst part it was in August so football season had not started. Here lately OU has been kicking UT's arse. I believe Stoops has a 5 and 4 game winning streak in his 13 or so years.

http://newsok.com/knife-fight-breaks-out-between-ou-texas-fans-in-san-antonio/article/3591038

An argument over college football between fans of Big 12 rival teams resulted in a knife fight at an Applebee's restaurant that sent two men to the hospital, according to San Antonio TV station KENS.

Per the report, the argument escalated when a 29-year-old Oklahoma Sooners fan pulled a knife out and attacked a 22-year-old Texas Longhorns fan.

I remember that. It's really stupid that people let something as unimportant as college football dominate such a big portion of their lives. I'm a huge Oklahoma State fan so I get a lot of flack from the OU fans. I don't like to stereotype, but a lot of OU fans are just a different breed. If you don't like OU, they think you are the scum of the earth.

I live about 10 miles from Eufaula Dam in Porum. Located in Muskogee County.

This is the first year I put in for controlled hunts and our group got drawn for the McAlester ammunition plant hunt Nov. 15-17. Recurve only.

We have quite a bit of public land. One area is near McAlester and only about an hour from me that is an archery only area. Lots of nice deer there. I like to hunt on some public land in Osage County just a few miles from the Kansas state line. Some open country up there and it's just beautiful!!! I see deer every time I go. I hike 1.5-2 miles back in there to hunt.

Nice. I used to live up by Grand Lake just North of you. Congrats on getting drawn for a hunt. Make sure to post some pics.

There is lots of public land. I purchased a public land atlas and was amazed. Not to mention the timber company land in the SE part of the state. I am familiar with the land you are talking about in Osage co. I used to hunt the cross bell ranch in that area. There is one really nice small piece on the west side of Copan lake that used to produce some whoppers. Another good place to hunt is in Spavinaw. They have a nice elk herd in there as well. No roads and not much pressure during bow season.

Glad to hear you are an OSU fan, I graduated back in 2000. Good time to be a poke witth he FB and BB teams doing well.

to the OP,

Where in Oklahoma?

I just looked that guy up. Man!!!! I need to take some lessons from that guy. He takes some impressive deer!!!

Nice. I used to live up by Grand Lake just North of you. Congrats on getting drawn for a hunt. Make sure to post some pics.

There is lots of public land. I purchased a public land atlas and was amazed. Not to mention the timber company land in the SE part of the state. I am familiar with the land you are talking about in Osage co. I used to hunt the cross bell ranch in that area. There is one really nice small piece on the west side of Copan lake that used to produce some whoppers. Another good place to hunt is in Spavinaw. They have a nice elk herd in there as well. No roads and not much pressure during bow season.

Glad to hear you are an OSU fan, I graduated back in 2000. Good time to be a poke witth he FB and BB teams doing well.

I picked up that atlas too. Lots of hunting opportunity. There is also some COE land you can hunt that isn't managed by the wildlife dept. I'll look into that area near Copan. We didn't shoot anything at Hulah last year (passed on the biggest 6-point I've ever seen though). I hunted a couple hours on the east side of Copan on my way home and saw one deer but couldn't tell what it was.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back