New from southern WY

Muleyewyo90

Hello all,

I apologize in advance for the lengthy intro.

I’m not real familiar with the online forum stuff as I have no social media nor have I ever joined another forum. However, I have came across some information on this site from a google search relating to a tag, state, weapon, etc. The information I’ve found has been helpful so I’d like to return the favor by joining and offering help to those interested in topics I’m familiar with, as well as research archived posts and new. I am from Wyoming, Casper specifically. I lived there from birth until about 2 years ago when my wife and I moved south. We now live east of Laramie. I did not grow up in a “hunting family” necessarily, but had an uncle who bow hunted elk every year and got me started. As a child I always had a great interest in hunting/fishing. I began hunting birds and archery elk when I was age 12 with my uncle and my dad would also tag along, although not hunt. Since then I’ve spent every fall out in the field as much as possible. I’ve hunted archery and rifle every year and am looking to branch out into muzzleloader hunting. Last fall was my first out of state hunt (CO mule deer) and I continue to collect points for several western states. Mule deer are my thing, absolutely my favorite species to chase each fall. However, archery elk in mid-late September is solid runner up, and of course rifle antelope. Also, equally as fun for me as having my own tag; is taking out a first time or an otherwise inexperienced hunter and assisting in their hunt. Helping introduce others into this sport is very gratifying and something I try to do at least once every year. I continue to build points for WY moose and sheep, but with point creep I’m not sure I’ll ever get a tag on points. I’ve mainly hunted central-southern WY because of the close proximity, but have hunted all around the state. I hope I can be of assistance for those considering areas or species I’m familiar with. Thank you

Welcome from Colorado! I have hunted antelope in your neck of the woods and spent a fair amount of time near Saratoga building zip lines and working at a dude ranch. Beautiful country.

Welcome from VA. I’ve elk hunted your neck of the woods. Awesome place. I would move west in a second.

Good first post; even if you might have opened yourself up to countless solicitations for advice!😀 But, sounds like you don't mind & kind of you to offer.

Nice to hear from you.

Welcome from California, the state that just keeps on giving (problems to other states). You'll find that this forum is full of helpful people. If these folks were accepting and willing to help me, then they're going to love you.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back