Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

New from Arizona!

Phoenix area, so I am sweating my butt off currently haha.

Same, don't much care for the extreme heat but that's why God gave us the Mogellion Rim!
I got drawn for late season rifle elk in Arizona this year. Stoked. I've been using South Mountain trails to start getting ready.
Just getting back into hunting and starting to build preference points in some western states. Wish I had started sooner but I should still have time to get a few good hunts in before I'm too old. Can't think of any better way to see some of our beautiful states!

Same, don't much care for the extreme heat but that's why God gave us the Mogellion Rim!
I got drawn for late season rifle elk in Arizona this year. Stoked. I've been using South Mountain trails to start getting ready.
Just getting back into hunting and starting to build preference points in some western states. Wish I had started sooner but I should still have time to get a few good hunts in before I'm too old. Can't think of any better way to see some of our beautiful states!
I had that tag last year. What unit did you get drawn in?

Unit 8, never hunted that unit before. I'm heading out in July to get to know the area.

6 years ago my boys and I were drawn for Unit 6a and we came away with a spike bull. I've only ever hunted Unit 6A. Before I was married it was easy to get drawn for archery elk and that was the area I became familiar with and stuck with it.

Unit 8, never hunted that unit before. I'm heading out in July to get to know the area.

6 years ago my boys and I were drawn for Unit 6a and we came away with a spike bull. I've only ever hunted Unit 6A. Before I was married it was easy to get drawn for archery elk and that was the area I became familiar with and stuck with it.
That's a good unit! Good Luck!

Thanks, will go into it with a plan/research and thankful I have the time to get to know the area.

Ah, the smell of flesh searing as lean back into the car seat after dashing into the grocery store for a few minutes. Welcome!
That’s the price we pay to share a state with the Kaibab, the Strip, the best elk rut on the planet, Lee’s ferry trout fishing, black river smallmouth fishing, more B&C antelope bucks than anywhere in the world, clues deer and nine other species of big game to hunt.

The heat is just to keep the californians at bay.

Amen! Couldn't have said it better, FlatlanderAZ. I've always loved the western states, but I've never see a state like Arizona. In just a few hours drive I can go from desert to snow covered forests. No getting around it, the summers are sizzling in the desert and I'm hoping it keeps people from coming.

Flatlander just spilled the beans on all my honey holes!Ha!,Ha!
And anyone who thinks there is just a few months of exsessive heat warnings is in for
a rude awakening.We still haven't started the 90deg. low temps yet...
Welcome WI.
Dave --Mogollon 💥

Gotcha (y)
Coues, and to be more accurate, at least 7 months we run our air conditioners, not cheap. Also no joke about 92 degree low temps. Hiking the mountains to try and get in shape for your hunt isn't for the light hearted. Have already come across 2 very large rattlesnakes.

Gotcha (y)
Coues, and to be more accurate, at least 7 months we run our air conditioners, not cheap. Also no joke about 92 degree low temps. Hiking the mountains to try and get in shape for your hunt isn't for the light hearted. Have already come across 2 very large rattlesnakes.
Found a friend in our front garage a little while back. 💥 DIAMONDBACK RATTLESNAKE.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back