Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New bino

blackbeard

Looking at a set of leupold bx2 alpine for glassing, I like them but will these be ok for spot and stalk without a spotting scope or do I need to step it up a few notches to something better? I don't want a spotter since my eyes have a hard time with them for some reason.

Figure out what you want in the Leupold line and pm Schmalts for a price! He’s the best!

I think the alpines sell for about $225-$250? You step up to that $6-$700 range and you’re gonna likely see a BIG improvement, especially since you don’t plan for a spotter. Go try some out👍🏻

I used to have some BX-2s and my dad has BX-4s. Do yourself a favor and save a little more and get the BX-4s…noticeably better.

BX-2s are good for their price point but eye fatigue is a real thing sitting behind them for long periods.

I agree with the majority. If you are skipping a spotter, spend more money on your binos. In the end, you will be glad you did!

You know, asking a question like that here, or on most sites, is like asking an alcoholic if you should have another drink. We're enablers.

And yes, get the best glass you can afford. If you're not stuck on Leupold, Meopta used to have a lot of bang for the buck. Not sure now.

Agree with those above, if not getting a spotter, then go for better bino's. Also, contact Schmalts on here, you will be very pleasantly surprised at the price of BX4's.
Although Leupold make a great product, if you haven't checked out other brands, you should. You may find something that you like better. I hear a lot of good things about Maven but have never looked through them. Vortex Viper HD's may be an option but vortex are not a favorite around here. Meopta, lower end Zeiss are a couple others.
Don't be afraid to look at used glass either.

The next step up is an extra $400, I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra $$.
If you have to wonder about it, it's probably not a good idea. I don't use binos much for hunting but used to when I got into heavier cover. Had a set of 8x35's that I could about see through the cover with out to farther than I'd shoot!

Figure out how much you can spend, wait, figure out how much your willing to spend and look at those bino's! I say willing to spend because so many people spend more than they can afford to going into it! Done that myself now and then. Have a Pretty nice set of bino's now and seldom ever take them hunting and paid more than I could really afford for them, duh!

If you have to wonder about it, it's probably not a good idea. I don't use binos much for hunting but used to when I got into heavier cover. Had a set of 8x35's that I could about see through the cover with out to farther than I'd shoot!

Figure out how much you can spend, wait, figure out how much your willing to spend and look at those bino's! I say willing to spend because so many people spend more than they can afford to going into it! Done that myself now and then. Have a Pretty nice set of bino's now and seldom ever take them hunting and paid more than I could really afford for them, duh!
I agree with not overspending or worse, going into debt for higher end optics but in all honesty I think I rather leave the gun at home than the binos. hahaha.

Man after my own heart although I've never left the rifle at home. Used to train birds dogs and loved watching the dog's. Couple time's a week I'd take the dog's out with just the blank gun and go for it! Talked to a guy years ago in Ft Collins that had quit hunting elk and deer with a rifle. he'd gone to shooting them with a camera, good for him!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back