NEW SITKA Ambient 75

New Backpack Rifle

Lucky! I let greed takeover and low balled a seller on brand new one in 7mm-08. I lost the bid to a guy who was most likely smarter than me...
Lgs had three. I wanted the 7mm-08, but by the time I convinced myself I needed it, the 308 was the only one left.

Just picked one up in 6.5CM. Wearing talley's and a vx1 2-7x33 comes in just under 7lbs
Have the exact same setup..... nice little piece of iron. Even though my wife has now laid claim to it.

I had snowy mountain rifles put a break on it. So far very pleased.

Just picked one up in 6.5CM. Wearing talley's and a vx1 2-7x33 comes in just under 7lbs
I was looking at an swfa ultralight, but they're backordered and I'm too much of a child to wait. I was hoping to be well under 7 loaded. Now I'll be right around 7 empty

I was looking at an swfa ultralight, but they're backordered and I'm too much of a child to wait. I was hoping to be well under 7 loaded. Now I'll be right around 7 empty

I'm pretty sure the advertised weight of 5.7lbs is with the mag kit, and without the mag loaded, which seems a little misleading.

I was looking at that swfa model too, but got turned off by the eye relief. But a lot of guys like them. I like the 2-7 leupold. With that and the 20" barrel I expect this might become my new go to whitetail rifle.

Have the exact same setup..... nice little piece of iron. Even though my wife has now laid claim to it.

I had snowy mountain rifles put a break on it. So far very pleased.

I haven't even shot mine yet. Did you find the recoil to be noteworthy at that weight? Or do you use the break for target shooting?

I'm pretty sure the advertised weight of 5.7lbs is with the mag kit, and without the mag loaded, which seems a little misleading.

I was looking at that swfa model too, but got turned off by the eye relief. But a lot of guys like them. I like the 2-7 leupold. With that and the 20" barrel I expect this might become my new go to whitetail rifle.
Yep. My gun weighs right at 6lbs with the floor plate. I just hated the look of the dbm.

I plan on using this as my go to backpack set up for anything up to and including elk out to 300ish.

I have a vanguard wilderness 300 wm too, so I feel like I'm covered for the lower 48...lol

I haven't even shot mine yet. Did you find the recoil to be noteworthy at that weight? Or do you use the break for target shooting?
It had a bite IMO, a smaller lightweight rifle should though. I have a break on all my rifles I've just gotten used to them and now won't have one without. It's a good little shooter out to about 650 or 7 on a calm day.

My wife enjoys it and it does fit her nicely she's been fortunate to take a handful of critters so far including 3 bulls.

I shoot the 143 eldx bullets outta it. Lighter loads it didn't like.

Mine has the same scope with Talleys mounting it, also dislike the DBM and have one to sell if someone is looking for one, DBM that is.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back