Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New addition

Wyhunter

I decided to add to the hunting collection today. Browning hells canyon long range with mcmillian glass bedded stock. Nightforce nsx 5.5x22x56. Chambered in 6.5 PRC. Also is the browning hells canyon x-bolt .300 win mag with a vortex razor hd.

Attachments

• 20210929_190813.jpg
    20210929_190813.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 38
  • 20210929_191329.jpg
    20210929_191329.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 38
You may find you hunt more often with the 6.5 prc.
I love my .300 win mag, but unless i think im hunting elk at longer distances than 400-500yrds, i really prefer my 6.5 prc.
My plan is to use the 6.5 prc for antelope and deer. Pretty much only use the .300 when im elk hunting. Im excited to take it to the range.

Couple of good looking rifles! Can you run lower rings for the NXS? Looks a little high for the stock height.

Couple of good looking rifles! Can you run lower rings for the NXS? Looks a little high for the stock height.
Yeah, i put nightforce "high" rings on it because of the cheekweld of the mcmillian. Its not bad for how I shoot, but will probably switch it out with mediums. I just need to order them.

You’re speaking my language!!!! Love the Browning’s. I’ve got HC LR in .300 WSM and I’ve recently ordered a regular HC in 7mm-08. Another local shop has a HC in 6.5 Creedmoor but I’m really wanting the 7mm-08. Congrats on your rifles. Edited to ask: Have you done any trigger work to them? The MCARBO spring worked great for me.

You’re speaking my language!!!! Love the Browning’s. I’ve got HC LR in .300 WSM and I’ve recently ordered a regular HC in 7mm-08. Another local shop has a HC in 6.5 Creedmoor but I’m really wanting the 7mm-08. Congrats on your rifles. Edited to ask: Have you done any trigger work to them? The MCARBO spring worked great for me.
Resurrecting an old thread but I just purchased a Hells Canyon Long Range in 6.5 PRC and I’m thinking about doing the Mcarbo spring. On the Mcarbo site they have a note on Hells Canyon models saying this? I’m willing to attempt the spring install but I’m not sure about this part?
  • For the Hell's Canyon Models: the Cerakote overspray must be cleaned off of the trigger sear axis pin and re-oiled, otherwise the firearm will not function safely.

Resurrecting an old thread but I just purchased a Hells Canyon Long Range in 6.5 PRC and I’m thinking about doing the Mcarbo spring. On the Mcarbo site they have a note on Hells Canyon models saying this? I’m willing to attempt the spring install but I’m not sure about this part?
  • For the Hell's Canyon Models: the Cerakote overspray must be cleaned off of the trigger sear axis pin and re-oiled, otherwise the firearm will not function safely.
I've done a couple of them, it's a non issue. With the replacement spring being lighter, the pin needs less friction. Hardest part is getting the factory spring out.

I've done a couple of them, it's a non issue. With the replacement spring being lighter, the pin needs less friction. Hardest part is getting the factory spring out.
So you didn’t do anything to the pin, just swapped springs and went on your way? Mine will adjust down to about 3.25 pounds and I really like mine to be at 2.5 pounds. Do you think I can achieve this with the Mcarbo?

So you didn’t do anything to the pin, just swapped springs and went on your way? Mine will adjust down to about 3.25 pounds and I really like mine to be at 2.5 pounds. Do you think I can achieve this with the Mcarbo?
I cleaned up the pin.
you should end up right around 2.5lb

100% correct. It’s a non issue. Mine is just a hair under 2 pounds. If I can do it, anyone can.

100% correct. It’s a non issue. Mine is just a hair under 2 pounds. If I can’t do it, anyone can.
I’ve watched the YouTube vids from Mcarbo and they never perform this pin cleaning, could you explain that process to me or it too complicated?

I’ve watched the YouTube vids from Mcarbo and they never perform this pin cleaning, could you explain that process to me or it too complicated?
Nope, can’t explain because I never did it. Honestly, I’ve never heard of that before. Wasn’t in the video I watched. And I’ve drop tested mine several times with no issues.

Back