Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Nevada Unit 51 Antelope

Maxxis31

Guys I got lucky and got an alternate tag for Unit 51 archery horns longer than ears antelope tag. I’m not familiar with the area and would love any pointers or advice from anyone that has hunted it. I put in because I was hoping to draw the early archery deer tag and though it would be fun to have both. I have my fingers crossed that someone turns one of those back as well:)

I’ve hunted antelope with my bow in Southern Oregon and have hunted mule deer in the trout creeks which is pretty close to 51, I assume antelope distribution will be similar to the trout creeks in which i saw a pile of antelope last fall.
I’m planning on going early August, season starts Aug 1st, I have good glass and plan to sit water unless I see something in a stackable location.
I would love to hear from anyone who has hunted the area, tips, terrain, a starting point. I hope to be able to make it down in July to scout the area out.

Thanks in advance.

It's hard to believe they aren't getting any rain in Northern Nevada, we have been getting hammered for months in North East Oregon and we are only 4hrs away. It snowed 6" on the Tollgate Hwy yesterday and several inches anywhere over 5K feet. The ranchers in NEO haven't even had to run their irrigation and can't even get their first cutting on the ground due to all of the rain. I don't remember getting this much rain or having this cold of spring in the last 40 years of living here, I'd love some warm weather and sunshine here!!

It's hard to believe they aren't getting any rain in Northern Nevada, we have been getting hammered for months in North East Oregon and we are only 4hrs away. It snowed 6" on the Tollgate Hwy yesterday and several inches anywhere over 5K feet. The ranchers in NEO haven't even had to run their irrigation and can't even get their first cutting on the ground due to all of the rain. I don't remember getting this much rain or having this cold of spring in the last 40 years of living here, I'd love some warm weather and sunshine here!!
Took one out near red top mtn a few years ago. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back