Nevada Area 156 Antelope

Hunt_fish_Family

Well a Nevada Antelope tag rolled in for me this year. The tag was 151-156, 141, 143...HUGE AREA!!!! We maybe covered 1% of the unit. I had a tight timeline to get this tag filled, 3 days including travel time from Northern California. I had my buddy Paul and Vic there to help with spotting and field judging. We had a couple hours of light left on Tuesday when we arrived and we saw some good goats and put some to bed in an field.

We camped out above the fields on BLM land and started Wed. by glassing up some nice big goats. These critters didn't get big and old for being stupid. They were extremely spooky. We had some good stalks and held out for larger ones throughout the morning. As the afternoon wore on my expectations began to lower and the focus on getting a respectable goat that eats well became the priority.

At about 715pm my speed goat was introduced to a Nosler Accubond, 130 grain .270win round at 310 yards. We took some pictures and took care of the goat for transport back home Thursday morning.

Nevada is an awesome state, just wish I didn't have to wait 6 years just to put in for Antelope points again! Oh well, go get'em fellas (and ladies!!!).

Next stop Wyoming area 98 Antelope next week!

Attachments

• antelope.jpg
    antelope.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 549
Dang real close to the fields you dont see broad leaf trees much in that area. Good job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back