Need some new hunting foods

The fiber part is mission critical for the morning constitutional. Dried fruits as well as fresh on the pack list.

I'm already planning the pre-cooked meals. Was thinking of going the foodsaver route to boil, should work with canning some soups as well.

I am desperately searching for the dorito tree. I'm prove them doctor ladies wrong.

Accountability is tough, but the pain of pancreatitis is a strong motivator.

Great ideas on this thread guys, thanks!! Going to hit the smoker this week/weekend for pronghorn jerky, and smoked salmon. Trial run with the heavy drinkers at Grouse camp for opener, then it's on to longer trip in eastern MT and the golden Triangle for birds, until Elk season opens. Should have it all dialed in by then.

Health is a good reason to change up your diet. I hope it goes smoothly. I’ve been trying to do something similar

If you are a Costco member, the Kirkland canned chicken breast in water is only 60 calories. I drain a can and smother it in Siracha and it is a good chunk of a satisfying meal. Low-fat, high-protein, and the only thing negative about it is the sodium in the hot sauce.

A canned herring fillet is also a good backpack meal. They come in lots of different flavors for varieties sake and are 160 calories.

Also a bag of carrots. Tasteless and vacuous of nutrition as they are, are good belly fillers.

@Nameless Range, have you found that chicken in anything but cans?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back