Need some help.........

IDduckhntr

from anyone familiar with the seasons/regs in South Dakota. The wife and I are heading over the week of thanksgiving for a pheasant hunt. She also wants to take her bow and see if she can find a deer.....here is where I can't decipher the SD regs: is the archery antlerless tag good in East river?? We are going to Houghton, right next to Sand Lake Refuge. It says archery is open as long as the rifle hunt isn't, but then says non-resident tags are hard to get in East river??? :confused: Any help clearing this up would be greatly appreciated!! Also-I have never gone out of state for big game before, what parts (if any) need to stay attached when (if) we bring one home? or is just the tag along with it ok?

antlerless archery tags are good statewide in any area open to hunting. They are available online, and will arrive in your mailbox days after ordering. They are available in 1 tag or two tag packages.

antlered archery tags are available in 3 varieties. 1-west river 2-east river 3-statewide.

If transporting the animal in quartered or whole carcass, i'd leave evidence of sex attached.

Good luck.

Thank you, that is what I thought I was reading! She will be happy, as she could really care less about pheasants.................

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back