Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Need some help figuring out some groups

I don’t think my post was terribly helpful, so I’ll add this. Most competitive group shooters are not really making major judgments based on individual three-shot groups. They usually shoot a series of ten to twenty groups with minor, systematic changes between each one and know from experience what kind of changes should show up on target from that change in methodology. Then they evaluate the entire set of groups and look for trends going toward or away from the desired result. They will often not select the load that have the smallest three shot group, but rather the load that was in the middle of groups trending toward the desired result, and those trending away from the desired result. The desired result may not even have fully shown up on the target. In essence they are evaluating a thirty to sixty shot group, not a three shot group. Additionally, because they know what to expect from the changes they’re making, if something odd occurs it’s a little more apparent. Shooting three shot groups and then changing things all around, and picking the combo that yielded the smallest group, rarely results in the best combo.

It seems that it is showing a pattern of 2nd shot always our to the left. My first thought is three optics. Either the scope itself our the mounts. If you don't have a good torque driver you should get one. Torque all the mounts to specs. If you are changing bullet brands you should clean all the copper from prior bullets out of the barrel down to bare metal. Laying different alloys on each other can cause some weird issues. Torque action mounting screws to proper torque. If pattern continues them swap the scope for another proven scope.

Good news is your issue seems to pattern. So anything you do that changes the pattern will tell you if you are on the right track.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back