Need Pheasant Recipe please

Laelkhunter

A friend gave me several frozen Pheasant breasts. Can anyone give me a simple way to cook them? He was kind enough to give me a recipe, but it is way too long and complicated.

Flour and brown the breast both sides.
Put in crock pot.
Add 1c chicken broth
Add 1c white wine
Add 1 sliced pear
Add 1 sliced onion
Turn on high for one hour, turn to low.
We like this over brown rice, you can thicken the sauce for gravy.

I eat a lot pheasant and my (and others) favorite is 'pheasant pot pie'. Find a good recipe for 'chicken pot pie' and substitute the birds.

Crockpot is probably the simplest and second favorite. Really hard to screw it up. Throw in all the goodies (e.g. potatoes, carrots, onions, peppers, etc) you like plus a little butter, seasonings and chicken broth (optional) and let slow cook all day.

Damn-it, now I'm hungry :)

Try this, it is my favorite:

Pheasant Fingers

Spice Mix:
2½ tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1½ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. white pepper
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. Mrs. Dash Seasoning

1 cup Apricot preserves
¼ cup mustard

Cut pheasant breasts in strips and lightly roll in seasoning mix. You have to experiment a little with how heavy to season them. If they are coated heavily, they will be really spicy. Fry in pan with olive oil.
Meanwhile, mix apricot preserves and mustard in a small pot and bring to a simmer and then just keep it hot.

The spicy pheasant and sweet apricot sauce is a great combination and is DELICIOUS!

Wrap the breasts with onion, and bacon the. Season to flavor and grill!

Or line a crock pot bottom with bacon, mix a cup of sourcream with onion dip mix and a cup of water. Mix up with some garlic salt and pepper, and whatever else you like and drop em in the crock pot kn high 2 hrs then low for 2. Serve over rice with salad!

Thanks everyone !! They ALL sound great ! Unfortunately, I only have 2 breasts, so I will have to decide which recipe to try. Thanks again !!

Pheasant is a tough one to screw up.

Check out this recipe for Stuffed Pheasant Breast: http://wildfoodblog.com/stuffed-pheasant/

Pheasant breast stuffed with dates and gorgonzola cheese and wrapped in bacon. Seriously, way easier than it sounds and soooooooo good!

But honestly, no matter how make them, should be delicious!

My favorite method is anything you use chicken in just use pheasant instead, pretty much all mexican and italian recipes involving chicken are excellent with pheasant.

think fish

I cut grouse and pheasant into 1" strips, dredge in flour, dip in beer batter (take time to find a good recipe.... allrecipes.com is a good start) and fry in an inch of oil in cast iron. Sometimes I'll roll 'em in coconut after battering. This is a fool proof method used by myself to get tons of upland game bird meat down the gullets of picky kids, wife, and to stifle in - laws. The meat is always tender and juicy - a difficult feat with dry upland birds. Add a few good sauces for dipping, you're a hero.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back