Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Need help with valuation. Thinking of selling my 7mm mag Hells Canyon Long Range

Southern Elk

I’m thinking about selling my 7mm mag Hells Canyon Long Range rifle and Leupold VX3i 4.4x14x40 scope. Both are in like new condition. I ordered a turret for the 160 gr accubonds that I sighted it in with. It’s a great shooter. I’m just not interested in long range shooting like I thought I would be. I’ve shot less than a box of ammo through it. What would be a good asking price?

Alas, if you took it into a gunshop, you'd get 45-50% of what you paid for it. Regardless of the scope.
Plain Hells Canyon long range in 7mm Rem Mag is going for $1,109 new.

If you still have the original MOA turret for the scope, it would allow a buyer to shoot something besides the 160gr Accubond at your speeds.

I'd put out $900, but be willing to drop some if needed.
But that's just me.

Gun Broker has become a pretty lame place to buy guns, if you want a deal, but it still seems to be a great place to sell...

Here’s my two cents, so you bought a gun thinking of long range shooting. Hunt the gun and enjoy it. There’s a motto I learned along time ago “ I buy guns - not sell them” enjoy it.

I’m thinking about selling my 7mm mag Hells Canyon Long Range rifle and Leupold VX3i 4.4x14x40 scope. Both are in like new condition. I ordered a turret for the 160 gr accubonds that I sighted it in with. It’s a great shooter. I’m just not interested in long range shooting like I thought I would be. I’ve shot less than a box of ammo through it. What would be a good asking price?
Is it a heavy rifle? If not, just use it as a regular rifle.

I bought that gun last year, Hells Canyon Long Range in 7mm Rem Mag. I just got around to putting a Vortex HST 4-16X44 scope on it a week ago. Going to break in the barrel Friday.

Its a 7.5# bare gun. It will be a 10# gun with scope, rings, rail, ammo & sling. So, by no means its a lightweight gun.

For what it’s worth I just sold my Hell’s Canyon Speed 30-06, 1.5 boxes of shells through it, with a Vortex Viper 4-16x44 BDC on it for $1200. Had a lot of interest at that price too. I figured about $200 less than the cheapest you can find each part for.

For what it’s worth I just sold my Hell’s Canyon Speed 30-06, 1.5 boxes of shells through it, with a Vortex Viper 4-16x44 BDC on it for $1200. Had a lot of interest at that price too. I figured about $200 less than the cheapest you can find each part for.
$1100 for the gun = $900
$500 for the scope = $300

$1200 total

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back