Need help with firearm identification

Sawtooth

Alright all you firearms experts. Here is a chance to show off your knowledge. My wife's cousin got this rifle from her father and was hoping to get some historical information on the piece. Along the top of the barrel it says Ernst Steigleder, Berlin. The numerical stamps on the side of the barrel right in front of the action are shown in the third picture below. The story goes that it was brought back from Germany after WWII by her grandfather. It is a sweet little rifle that points nicely and is well balanced. A google search of Ernst Steigleder shows up as a gun maker in Germany in the 1930's, but most of the firearms I have seen are either shotguns or larger caliber rifles. No small caliber rounds. This looks like a 22 lr. Piece is well made with good wood and metal work. Action is smooth and well machined. Any info you could give or a book with more information about this firearm would be most helpful.

Attachments

• rifle 1.jpg
    rifle 1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 301
  • rifle 2.jpg
    rifle 2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 360
  • rifle 3.jpg
    rifle 3.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 298
  • rifle 4.jpg
    rifle 4.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 296
Flobert is my guess as well. I hadn't heard of them until last fall when a guy from work brought me a little flobert drilling to look at.

Ben,
Thanks for the information. After looking up the Flobert parlor rifle on google, I was able to find a couple designs that look very much like the one she has. Before I made this post I told my wife's cousin that there was this guy on Hunt Talk named Ben Long that would probably be able to help her out and you didn't disappoint.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back