Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Need a Sitka gear full load-out list to test in S.E. Alaska 2021 on Blacktail.

OK,

Pretend I'm a Congressman.

Are there just 3 layers? Plus gloves and gaitors?

Merino base layer, synthetic hoody, puffy jacket, rain gear

bottom pants, puffy pants, rain pants

This is what I used from April turkey, AK moose, oct elk, nov mule deer, dec whitetail. Everything from 70 degree days to 34 degree heavy rain.

As far as rain gear, I have PVC gear grundens and gortex. The PVC is hands down better for an all day sit in the rain, but it sheds water which means the coat goes into the trunk of my car on the way home and hangs in the garage. If I was camping I would want a extra large vestibule to let it drip dry. Gortex will wet out, but will still keep your dry and the benefit is that you can let it dry out in a smaller tent without soaking all your stuff.

Tent camping in the rain is just kinda a soggy deal.

So a miracle happened.

I was unpacking merino base top, 1/4 zip pullover, Stormfront pants, and Kelvin Lite synthetic Hoody.
Momma says, "I thought were going to Alaska, didn't you want to get a down layer?"

Having learned that permission wasted is permission lost, I'm shopping for Kelvin down top and 3/4 bottom.

I found a Kelvin Down WS Jacket for $298. Should I get it or go after the newer Kelvin Lite Down jacket?

Last edited:
So a miracle happened.

I was unpacking merino base top, 1/4 zip pullover, Stormfront pants, and Kelvin Lite synthetic Hoody.
Momma says, "I thought were going to Alaska, didn't you want to get a down layer?"

Having learned that permission wasted is permission lost, I'm shopping for Kelvin down top and 3/4 bottom.

I found a Kelvin Down WS Jacket for $298. Should I get it or go after the newer Kelvin Lite Down jacket?
Since you're on sitka, the first option.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back