Need a bow for grandson...

MTGunner

My grandson is 9 and is a good sized 9 yr. old. I bought a Fred Bear youth bow for him 2 yrs. back and he has out grown it. Need suggestions. Thanks for any hep I can glean from this forum. MTG

Almost all of the bow companies make a pretty good youth bow now. Bowtech, Diamond and Bear Archery all have a youth model that will grow with the youngster for several years. Lots of length adjustments built in to the cam system. The Bowtech Soldier is one.

Those companies will also have bows that come complete (sights, quiver, etc.) and won't break the bank. Check out their websties. More importantly determine what he can handle for poundage. That will really detemine where he's at. I'm sure it doesn't exceed 35 or 40 lbs, but maybe he's a HULK I don't know. Trevore makes a good point though. Get one they can grow with.

there are several different bows out there on the market that will work both my kids and my wife shoot the dimond razor edge bows and we have had great luck with them they are very adjustable and the poundage and the draw have a very wide range of adjustablity. not try to sell u on this particullary one just had lots of good luck with them we have had these bow for several years now and they wont break the bank to get into. Hope this was helpfull.

My daughter has a Darton Ranger 3. I can adjust for my wife if she wanted to shoot it or my 11 year old daughter. I'm sure it will last plenty long enough for my 22 month old son to grow into it as well.

I recommend the PSE Stinger. Great bow that shoots fast and can withstand numerous dry fires (personal experience) and is really affordable round 399. Ive shot it against my buddys hoyt powerhawk and it doesnt hold a candle to my stinger. Im 18 now and am looking for a "Big Boy" bow but i sure am going to miss my little Stinger.

I will research the bows that you all have suggested. My grandson is 9 yrs. old and the Fred Bear youth bow, suggested for 9-12 year old children, he out grew this past summer. Actually, it was cranked up to maximum poundage and he broke a limb. He has been shooting 50 arrows daily for some time. He is a strong youth and shows promise. I want to outfit him with a good quality bow that will serve him well for a couple of yrs. Plus, will keep my wallet more stable for a while as he is growing fast. MTG

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back