PEAX Equipment

Nebraska?

I notice the least amount of pressure from about 9/15-10/15
Thanks thats very helpful! I was hoping to go possibly opening week and then get back to iowa for youth season which use opens around the middle of sept.

I totally disagree with all these people against Nebraska lol it's been an annual trek for me and my wife every year because of:
1: the manageable 14h drive
2: low tag cost ~250 buck and about ~70 doe plus 10 dollar habitat stamp
3: it's otc but they cap the amount of tags per unit at what seems like to me a low number due to the crazy high deer densities we have found
4: numerous tag options as you can buy 2 buck tags and unlimited doe tags per person. We normally go with a combined 3 buck and 2 doe tags. Its a freezer filling trip for us!
5: lack of people that leave the road on public lands. We hunt a spot 3 miles in. We watch dozens of hunters walk 1/2 mile from the road and turn around. As a result, they drive deer right to us every single day!
6: did I mention crazy deer densities? Last year my wife posted up on our most successful ridge all day saturday, every minute of daylight. She saw 53 mulies. 53!

O and here is the proof that we don't just get little forkies ;) 128" isn't a monster but most normal people are happy with it!
Is this an annual muzzleloader trek? I've been toying with just throwing the smoke pole in the truck and heading to Nebraska in the next week or so to give it a try.

It pays to use the public land atlas in Nebraska as there are a lot of places to hunt aside from the NF and grasslands in the Western part of the state. There are a lot of walk in areas that are spread out. Also look for things like lakes as many have public hunting around the shore. Ducks unlimited has some good land to hunt, CRP, etc..

Is this an annual muzzleloader trek? I've been toying with just throwing the smoke pole in the truck and heading to Nebraska in the next week or so to give it a try.
Muzzleloader is the most overlooked season here. Nobody wants to go out in the -20 windchill with snow up to a tall Indians ass, but it sure narrows down where the deer are gonna be. Don’t be afraid to pick a spot and mark some private places down, a lot of people only hunt rifle and you can get permission to muzzleloader hunt. I usually hunt our farm here in SE Nebraskastan, but I try to slip out west a time or 2 to chase mule deer also.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back