PEAX Equipment

Nebraska?

Old man bob

As of now I have no tags for the fall. I still have the Arizona Deer Draw coming up. My ? is is there any Public land hunts in Nebraska (Western) and is it draw and is there points or what is the procsess there. Just curious. I know its mostly private and i looked at their site the other nite, That didn't tell me much that I could understand . Thanks.............BOB!

Read the Nebraska portion

Well, the eastern part of the state has almost no public land and lots of whitetails. There is speradic public out west but it gets pounded. If you have any questions PM me.

Rifle, Muzzleloader or Archery?

Whitetail or Mulie?

They are very different experiences.

Thanks, Rifle Muley is what I am lookin at.....................BOB!

Rifle muley on public land probably ranks lowest out of all the combos. Few places and gobs of hunters.

Think about it. Its the easternmost state with mulies and OTC rifle tags.

If you can line up a spot on private it can be great.

i thought i read that all mulie tags are draw in nebraska?

Just lookin into it ,not to excited as I know there's very little public land. Thanks for the input...........BOB!

I have an old hunting partner who lived there for 8-9 years and just moved back here. He hunted deer and Elk up there . I will have to talk to Him Tomm. Thanks............BOB!

If you are going to consider driving to eastern Nebraska, I'd go a little further and come to Western Iowa. Lots of deer, plus far more public land, that is if you are interested in whitetails.
I've never been a fan of how Nebraska's rifle season starts during the rut. In Iowa we have shotgun season, but that's in December. There are bow and muzzleloader seasons before shotgun which I would highly advise.

I totally disagree with all these people against Nebraska lol it's been an annual trek for me and my wife every year because of:
1: the manageable 14h drive
2: low tag cost ~250 buck and about ~70 doe plus 10 dollar habitat stamp
3: it's otc but they cap the amount of tags per unit at what seems like to me a low number due to the crazy high deer densities we have found
4: numerous tag options as you can buy 2 buck tags and unlimited doe tags per person. We normally go with a combined 3 buck and 2 doe tags. Its a freezer filling trip for us!
5: lack of people that leave the road on public lands. We hunt a spot 3 miles in. We watch dozens of hunters walk 1/2 mile from the road and turn around. As a result, they drive deer right to us every single day!
6: did I mention crazy deer densities? Last year my wife posted up on our most successful ridge all day saturday, every minute of daylight. She saw 53 mulies. 53!

O and here is the proof that we don't just get little forkies ;) 128" isn't a monster but most normal people are happy with it!

Attachments

• 1117191605b.jpg
    1117191605b.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Rather than start a new Nebraska thread I thought I would see what early season archery season is like on public? This would be for whitetail and probably in September on the nw part of the state. Sounds like later in the season it can really get busy. Thanks for any insight

First week of the season is busier than early November as people try to take advantage of summer pattern bucks.

I don't find November archery to have much pressure surprisingly.

First week of the season is busier than early November as people try to take advantage of summer pattern bucks.

I don't find November archery to have much pressure surprisingly.
That is surprising. I wouldn’t of thought that

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back