Name my son for me.

Troy.

It's a strong name.
Caleb, that was going to be my son's name, I always liked that one. We had 3 girls...

Both those Names were runners up for our boys alog woth the name Briar. At least in my head. I had already picked out there middle names (after my Uncle and my Dad) so that helped narrow down the list of how it would sound. Named my two Casey and Clayton, had those names in mind years before having kids. One thing I'd do is when you do pick a name keep it to yourself til after you have him. Sometimes you'll mention a name and then someone will sour it for you. Just my $.02. Congrats and good luck with the new addition.

I have 4 daughters and 1 son and his name is Hank. It’s manly to the highest degree and there’s already a plethora of songs about Hank 😉

My dad's middle name was Newton. I didn't know what the "N" stood for until it was time to think of a name when my first wife was expecting. He finally ended the mystery but said he'd shoot me if I named my kid Newton. The doctor who delivered Dad and his siblings was Robert Newton. Grandma thought he was the greatest. She decided to name her kids after him. Dad's older brother got Robert and Dad was stuck with the doc's surname as his middle name. Could have been worse.

Growing up, there was this Samoan kid named Avery that everyone was afraid of. We got along really well and I thought he was a cool dude, tough, and had a cool name that I only knew one of..
Half my wife’s family is from Avery Idaho, so we agreed “Avery” was a great name. Has my fathers name, James as his middle name, so AJ for short..
The following year Avery was number one on baby names. I was in shock. Worst part, it was all girls!?? It still makes me irate 😂

Now he’s the only boy with that name and sometimes gets upset…. Shoulda just named him Sue….
We decided with our second boy that we needed a name nobody else had. We came up with Lucius. Latin for the “light” and call him Luca for short. Of course Lucius clay was the bad guy in Charlie Daniels’ song, and Luca Brasi was the enforcer in the Godfather.. perfect he’ll be a badass! The following year or two they come out with the movie of some weak ass kid eating gelato.. unbelievable!? You can’t win dude, just name him John or Jim or somethin 🤣😂

Lot of good names in here to consider. Seen a few that are on my list and a few on her list. I like Samual and Martin. She is out on both of them. We've tried the both our dad's names but neither of us really like those either. I'm pretty sure at this point I'm just going to steal the birth certificate and fill it out while she's busy.

Why don't you SELL naming rights. You could sell them to the grandparents. They should be perfect suckers for this. If that doesn't work you could auction it off here. Something like a guided Wyoming Elk Hunt, or maybe an Alaskan Moose Drop Camp. Personally, I'd bid a Weekend pheasant hunt in Iowa with me and my old golden, Gus. You can't go wrong with that! I could even rent ou a shotgun so you don't have to fly with a gun, man what a deal! Everyone sells naming rights for everything. :) :)

I'd name him Gus and he would be just as handsome as this guy! What could go wrong?

4axwT4A.jpg

Lot of good names in here to consider. Seen a few that are on my list and a few on her list. I like Samual and Martin. She is out on both of them. We've tried the both our dad's names but neither of us really like those either. I'm pretty sure at this point I'm just going to steal the birth certificate and fill it out while she's busy.
Don't forget to fill it out! A few years after Dad retired from the USBR, Charles Main Co in Boston hired him to help start up the powerhouse at a new dam in Uruguay. He had to get a passport. But when he obtained a copy of his birth certificate from Idaho state records dept, it just had his given name recorded as "Baby." That created some problems! I suggested that he use the opportunity to rid himself of "Newton" middle name. He said he couldn't do that because all his military records had his full name. Didn't discover till years later that all the military records burned in a warehouse fire back in 1955. Somehow before he was drafted he manage to get a Social Security Card without a birth certificate. And we think identity theft is easy today!

For both of our kids, we went in with a list of First and middle names that we would both accept.

Then after meeting the kid, we went through the names together. It was obvious to both of us what their name should be.

My boy will be here in February, and two names we thought of but decided not to use are Samuel, and Henry. Strong, masculine names with a touch of refinement.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back