N. Dakota Turkey out.

naturebob

Results were posted this morn. for North Dakota spring turkey. I'm in . Snow melting too. Now I'm waiting on AZ. elk . Credit Card hits this week hopefully. Good luck all.......BOB!

For how much you hate North Dakota I'm surprised that 1st you even applied and 2nd that they gave you a tag.

Bird hunting here is no problem. Killed one last year. They let You on Property for birds , but like I said before Deer is a different story. That's the only thing I don't really like here is the Deer hunting situation. I bought a place here and pay Taxes here, so why shouldn't I get a tag?.........BOB!

Because you bash the hunting in ND constantly.

Lots of public land opportunity for a resident deer hunter here, you just need to put in the effort.

Why shouldn't you get a tag?

Gah! The more I read your posts the dumber I get.

Just because you pay taxes and live there doesn't mean you automatically get a tag... Seriously BOB!
You could take up bow hunting??????

To all You nice guys from North Dakota, I aint been bashing ND. hunting no more . Get over it. I apolligised to all parties 2 months ago. No paying taxes doesn't automatically give Me a tag. Never said that. Seriously. Slick I see You are in Montana any way, so what buss. is it of yours? Guess Some of You out of Staters just like to pick on some one, cause You got nothing else to do. My Wife and 2 kids live here too. 1 goes full time to Minot State. 2 of my kids already have degrees. I don't oviously or I whouldn't have to work in the oil field for big $. at My age. This is my home now. I will make the best of it for 4 more years till I can retire .Took some getting used to. Any time You move to a totally different place it takes a while to settle in. There are some great people here and some understand the change in life I'm going thru, and some immature or boneheads won't and don't. All web sites have groupies who don't like outsiders and it aint no different here. I try to give out good info on hunting when people ask here. Whats wrong with that. I Lurk on several sites for years and never posted. thought I whould join here cause I saw Fin on an Az. site and was allways a great Guy. Found the site and joined .. I screwed up and said a few negative things about ND. Didn't realize how sensitive some are. Shoot, people moved to AZ. all the time and bashed us. They do it here too when I tell them where I am from. Doesn't bother Me. We all have Our favorite places. Just cause I'm not one of Your boys here with several thousand posts doesn't mean I don't know anything. And I don't claim to know everything either. Hopefully we can get back to HUNT TALK like this supposed to be...........BOB.

Got My tag in the mail today. and there are left overs too. Another positive I like about ND. Was never a 2nd tag in AZ. And its getting warm, I am real happy!. If anyone from the western part of the State that is a rookie Turkey hunter and wants some help let Me know . I whould be more than willing to help anyone out.........BOB!.....PS I work nites that's why I post this time of day....

To all You nice guys from North Dakota, I aint been bashing ND. hunting no more . Get over it. I apolligised to all parties 2 months ago. No paying taxes doesn't automatically give Me a tag. Never said that. Seriously. Slick I see You are in Montana any way, so what buss. is it of yours? Guess Some of You out of Staters just like to pick on some one, cause You got nothing else to do. My Wife and 2 kids live here too. 1 goes full time to Minot State. 2 of my kids already have degrees. I don't oviously or I whouldn't have to work in the oil field for big $. at My age. This is my home now. I will make the best of it for 4 more years till I can retire .Took some getting used to. Any time You move to a totally different place it takes a while to settle in. There are some great people here and some understand the change in life I'm going thru, and some immature or boneheads won't and don't. All web sites have groupies who don't like outsiders and it aint no different here. I try to give out good info on hunting when people ask here. Whats wrong with that. I Lurk on several sites for years and never posted. thought I whould join here cause I saw Fin on an Az. site and was allways a great Guy. Found the site and joined .. I screwed up and said a few negative things about ND. Didn't realize how sensitive some are. Shoot, people moved to AZ. all the time and bashed us. They do it here too when I tell them where I am from. Doesn't bother Me. We all have Our favorite places. Just cause I'm not one of Your boys here with several thousand posts doesn't mean I don't know anything. And I don't claim to know everything either. Hopefully we can get back to HUNT TALK like this supposed to be...........BOB.

As far as bashing goes, this place gets way less than most. If you were the one doing the bashing (originally), you have to expect a little backlash. The more you show that it gets to you, the more you will get. NHY gets the Texas love/bashing on the regular and takes it in stride. Have a sense of humor, lighten up and you will get along fine here. There are way bigger things on life to worry about than a little ribbing on a public forum. I guess fighting it out here in Trash-can-istan just gives me a little different perspective on what I consider small stuff. I would love the chance to be calling birds this year.

BTW, good luck on your hunt and be sure to post some hero pics if you are successful.

Got my tag gunna try get a second one before they sell out. Had a few hours to kill at work today and just happened to be a few miles from my hunting spot. Seen a nice group of birds out feeding on some public land. It's always nice getting paid overtime to do a little scouting.

Back