Mystery ranch fitting

freu1chr

I bought a new mystery ranch Marshall for an upcoming hunt. I already have a met calf that works great and fits amazing when i put on the Marshall and tried to get it fit. I got alot of lower back pain and my back hurts. Any ideas on what i can adjust to get the lower back pain to stop? Thanks in advance

You getting lower back pain with it empty or loaded? Pressure point?

dumb question... are they the same frame? I have a NICE framed Crew Cab and I purchased a GL framed marshall for an elk hunt last year. I just couldn't get the guide lite to fit at all and it bothered me. The Crew Cab fits me like a glove and 80 pound packs don't bother me.

How much have you played with the yoke? Are you at the far end of adjustment either way?

Fwiw, there is a fit difference between the guidelight and guidelight mt frames. You probably have two different ones, which would mean they need adjusting different. I think it also helps to have someone right next to you as you try to adjust the fit.

I put a lumbar pad on my metcalf this season and it turned into a whole new pack! Great addition for me.

Don't know if it's appropriate to piggy back on this thread but when I went to post my own it seemed to want me to. Having a little bit of issues fitting my Beartooth 80. I am assuming it's mostly because I am in such bad covid shape from trying to support local restaurants for the last year 😅. I am 6' 2" and 315lbs I have and xl Beartooth. The major issue of discomfort is my outer side of my chest. I just have 45lbs in the pack now and the weight seems to be mostly on my hips, but I think the belt is lower than it should be based on all that restaurant food. How far should the shoulder straps come in cross the center of the chest? I plan to throw another 45 in next week but wanted to seen if I could make any adjustments prior. Any tips would be appreciated.

I also bought a marshall for this upcoming season, haven't checked the weight yet but I've worn hiking twice so far with the majority of my gear, about 7 miles each hike, mostly flat some minor elevation change. I get pain on my upper back, mainly between the shoulder blades. From what I can tell i think I may have the weight too low, or maybe the lifters too tight. Will continue to adjust yoke and play around with it and move the weight around in the pack. I'm thinking part of it is me not being in shape as well. Trying to work on that too.

I also bought a marshall for this upcoming season, haven't checked the weight yet but I've worn hiking twice so far with the majority of my gear, about 7 miles each hike, mostly flat some minor elevation change. I get pain on my upper back, mainly between the shoulder blades. From what I can tell i think I may have the weight too low, or maybe the lifters too tight. Will continue to adjust yoke and play around with it and move the weight around in the pack. I'm thinking part of it is me not being in shape as well. Trying to work on that too.
To me it sounds like the weight in the pack might be higher and to the back(if that makes sense). If the pack is slightly top heavy and away from the frame I imagine it would pull back on your shoulders more and that could cause some discomfort.

To me it sounds like the weight in the pack might be higher and to the back(if that makes sense). If the pack is slightly top heavy and away from the frame I imagine it would pull back on your shoulders more and that could cause some discomfort.
So youre saying the weight needs to be closer or as close to my body as possible? That is basically what I have heard so far, as close to the body as possible and more of the weight just over center of the back? I need to play around with it some more. I have been trying to find a post or video that shows equipment position in the pack relative to specific body parts, such as if you have a tent it generally should sit in the pack to that its even withthe point of the scapula or centered on the scapula etc. In the Marshall, I have been separating the bottom compartment and putting my sleeping system in there,(sleeping bag, sleeping pad, liner, pillow. I'll have my tripod and spotting scope in the torpedo pockets. I just got my tent in so gonna see how that fits in the pack or if I need to strap it to the outside.

Back