My son's lion

View

Here is a picture of a tom my son and I treed the day after Thanksgiving 2000. My hunter this day fizzled out, so we went hunting anyway. Found the track at around 10:00 AM. The dogs ran him for about three miles before treeing him in a tall pine tree. My son made a great shot on this cat, never knew what hit him. By the time we skinned the cat and packed him back to the truck it was just dark. The cat's skull measured 14 3/8 green. By the way, this is the same boy pictured in my earlier post: Lion & Deer Kill (not for the squeemish).

------------------
http://members.aol.com/bearckadv

[email protected]

cat08.gif

[This message has been edited by Bear Creek Adventures (edited 01-10-2001).]

Good to get the younguns started early in this sport! Nothing like the look on their face when they get their first one! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Boomer,

This is the only lion he has killed. He has been with me when we treed others though. In fact this is the only big game animal he has killed. I feel kind of bad that we don't get to hunt togather too much. During the elk season we are usually swamped guiding hunters and the opportunities are limited. I am going to see if I can get a hunt lined up for him next fall after our hunters are gone. Maybe a whitetail hunt in November or December. Any suggestions?

------------------
http://members.aol.com/bearckadv

[email protected]

cat08.gif

Nice cat! I am sure he was excited. I know I would have been and who knows, maybe one of these days I will know what your son felt like. Just do not have the time or money needed for a good cat hunt at this time.

------------------
Elk Hunting 101: Everything You Need To Know About Elk Hunting
www.jacksonholewyoming.net/elk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back