MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

My project today.

HuntTalk Freak

E011B6F7-F017-40A7-AAEF-49157B7AB491.jpeg

I set this piece of cedar aside at our cabin maybe two years ago with the idea of making it into a pedestal. Finally brought it home last week after I shot this buck.

While I was boiling the head and had the power washer out to spray meat off the skull and clean my coolers, I went ahead and sprayed most of the bark off.

Cut some of the roots the straighten it out, grabbed a old board I had laying around, cut it down, screwed it together, pulled head out of pot and sprayed, and this is the mock up.

Still needs some work but I’m liking it. I may need a longer board and maybe a counter balance so I can add more than one skull. Some sealer on the wood wouldn’t hurt it either. I still need to whiten the head once it dries.

Looks great! Neat idea.
Thank you. I'm trying to keep it hidden in the garage as I work on it and give it to my wife along with the euro of the buck she hopefully shoots next week. I think it might be cool to put a doe under the buck though too. Either way it will be her first deer so pretty memorable to have it mounted on that piece of cedar from the property.

Reactions: LCH
Sort of complete. Working on this gave me another idea for my wife’s mount.
Mounted it on a L bracket so I can tilt and turn it based on where the stand is, added another board to the bottom and felt pads to keep it sturdy and not scratch the floor. Not sure if I want to clear coat yet or not.
Definitely room for another euro on there.
0D5348A5-49ED-47EF-89AE-C02C8C16F314.jpegB44A6C44-2E70-405E-95B8-77A05D7CDC36.jpeg

Very nice. been thinking of something similar just never get around to it lol
It was easy once I started. Like I said that piece has been sitting for a long time, I almost threw it into the fire last season.
I got the idea from Randy, his old office had a elk skull on a tall pedestal. It would be behind him during his Elk Talk videos.
I may start making things like this in my spare time if I find a taxi/people who would want them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back