My new build

How do you like the VX-Freedom? I've looked at those and the VX-3's.
I love them. I had a 2-7x33 for my Marlin and it was fantastic. I intend, eventually, to get a 4-12x40 vx-3HD for it, but the 3-9 is a great start if you’re on a budget!

I love them. I had a 2-7x33 for my Marlin and it was fantastic. I intend, eventually, to get a 4-12x40 vx-3HD for it, but the 3-9 is a great start if you’re on a budget!
Nice. I'm not happy with the reticle on my current scope and I like the idea of the CDS.

Nice. I'm not happy with the reticle on my current scope and I like the idea of the CDS.
With my shooting/hunting, different distances, different bullets & weights in same rifle, CDS & adjustable objectives stay in the same place.
On the retailers shelf.

I typically use an MOA reticle. DOPE card with drops go with different ammo.
For reticles i like Leupolds-TriMOA, Sightron-MOA2, Crimson Trace-MR1MOA.

With my shooting/hunting, different distances, different bullets & weights in same rifle, CDS & adjustable objectives stay in the same place.
On the retailers shelf.

The TriMOA is what I use on most of mine, when I can. If I can’t I go with a plain jane Duplex. On my Sako, I have a 1.5-5x20 VX-3HD and it’s working great with just a duplex

MOA, or MILs is MOA or MILs.
I don't have to worry about changing out the dials on the scope with a different load.

Especially in this day with ammo & components being hard to find.

On the retailers shelf.

Good points. I have a Bushnell Nitro with Deploy MIL FFP reticle. I got it for the same reasons you list, but it is difficult to see in low light.

I was looking about for high BC bullets for the 25 caliber yesterday.
Came accross another mono bullet maker.
Patriot Valley Arms.
www.patriotvalleyarms.com
Their 120gr Senecca comes comes with a G7 of 0.310. :eek:

If they shoot decent/consistent they would be worth looking into.

I was looking about for high BC bullets for the 25 caliber yesterday.
Came accross another mono bullet maker.
Patriot Valley Arms.
www.patriotvalleyarms.com
Their 120gr Senecca comes comes with a G7 of 0.310. :eek:

If they shoot decent/consistent they would be worth looking into.
Even the Cayuga has a .580 G1 🥵 and they’re relatively cheap comparatively. I may have to get some! Thanks for the tip!

How does it shoot??!!

:ROFLMAO:
Finally got it out to shoot and with some non-tuned handloads I’d made for a gun I don’t own anymore, I was able to achieve a couple 1” groups (Nosler 100gr Ballistic Tips) so I’m pretty happy about it

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back