My dads first bear

lilbiggun

My old man shot his first bear last week at bear camp. Happy as hell for him. It was a average sized sow.

It was a great bear camp. we had bears hitting the bait a day after we put bait out. grant it there were mostly sows and cubs. the bear my dad shot was the first lone bear that ventured out. He hit her from about 215yards with an interarms mark X in 30-06 using 180gr failsafes.

I was a spectator this year. My rifle was FUBAR so it just stayed in the cabin. No big deal since my only goal was to get my dad a bear so he doesnt have to go back to KY empty handed.

Weather was decent. alot of snow. it was a real late spring. thank goodness for winches. we had a polaris ranger breaking trail and he was getting buried alot. then we had to leave early since it was a flash melt and the river we had to cross was high and fast, so we packed up a day early so we can cross first thing in the morning.

I did come home with an Enfield 1917 in 300 winmag though. pretty good deal so I couldnt pass it up.

As soon as I get the cable for my camera I'll get some pics up.

DUDE.. thats Grreaaaat !!!! Kudos to your old man !!! Can't wait to see the pics.

Hey, you looking for a Good paying job over there still, Check out the AK section :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back