My bow is toast :(

No worries at all, Friend. If you turn some up that’d be sweet. If not, this post will forever hold the serial numbers I need to reference to find them in the future if someone posts them up later on.. I don’t really know what to look for in the number to identify the same limbs at 50 lbs though. what would “869TSD15” look like for 50 lbs limbs or different color?
PSE used to send tune charts to dealers that would include the limb deflection numbers. That number is not a serial number but it is a identification number for those limbs. You should also notice another number on each limb like 61 usually just hand written and not each number will be the same one may say 62 or 60. So like on your bow you will have 4 limbs and each should have its own number but 2 might be the same. On a 4 limb bow you do not want to but the same number across from each other but opposite of each other starting with the highest number on the upper right side. Then the next highest number on the upper left. Then do the opposite on the bottom limbs. To simplify what is going on it has to do with limb deflection or strength. One limb may be 60lb one may be 60.111 and so on. In a perfect world all limbs would be the same. So when a bow says it is a 60 lb bow and you bottom the limbs and it says 60.5 lbs or 59.8 it is because of this. It is more critical with finger shooters that is why they worry more about tiller on their bow. Sorry I am getting long winded...and going into some engineering speak which I am not and don't do. Anyway feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want bored with more details.

Yea I've had a similar issue with Elite. I absolutely love my elite synergy. So much so I tried to stock up on some new parts from elite so I can extend the life of the bow. Elite does not have any and will not be making any parts is what they told me.

With that said I do know Matthews still makes and carries parts for their bows even if they are 20 years old. So I now hunt with a Chill I got pretty cheap and its a dang fine bow.

I still shoot my synergy, but know that someday its gonna go boom and thats all she wrote. Luckily its not exactly a high power high stress on the limbs kind of bow so it should last longer then most.

There are some people out there on the interwebs that stock up on all those old parts. Keep digging, ill bet you will find some limbs. I feel like maybe you could contact gordon glass and they will make you some limbs? Not sure if that model PSE used Gordon Glass limbs.

Had a similar situation with my 09 pse in 2015 and I sent it to pse who said they couldn’t and wouldn’t fix it. No parts available and it was obsolete. I won’t buy another pse product.

Had a similar situation with my 09 pse in 2015 and I sent it to pse who said they couldn’t and wouldn’t fix it. No parts available and it was obsolete. I won’t buy another pse product.
Likewise. Idk that I like my Hoyt quite as much but I’ve heard a ton of 5 star reviews. I damned sure won’t be getting another PSE. Mathew’s or bowtech next.. What are you shooting now? Have you had to deal with the company's service dept yet?

Likewise. Idk that I like my Hoyt quite as much but I’ve heard a ton of 5 star reviews. I damned sure won’t be getting another PSE. Mathew’s or bowtech next.. What are you shooting now? Have you had to deal with the company's service dept yet?
I’ve been shooting a Bear Moment since 2017. I had a several Bear bows over the years before the pse had did have some repairs done. The customer service was good. I haven’t had any need for repairs on the new one.

i was worried bear was on the “generic” side even though they’re made by a reputable company at a very affordable price point. They have some really awesome looking designs. You’d recommend a Bear to friends and family then?

i was worried bear was on the “generic” side even though they’re made by a reputable company at a very affordable price point. They have some really awesome looking designs. You’d recommend a Bear to friends and family then?
Yes…it’s not a “hunting show” bow, but it gets the job done. I think sometimes hunters buy bows because of who uses them on their shows and pay outrageous prices because of that. If you can afford a 2000$ bow then buy it I’m sure it’ll serve you well. If you’re like me and shoot game at 40 yards or less then a Bear will do the job. I use quality arrows and broadheads and have had a lot of success with my Bear!

Yes…it’s not a “hunting show” bow, but it gets the job done. I think sometimes hunters buy bows because of who uses them on their shows and pay outrageous prices because of that. If you can afford a 2000$ bow then buy it I’m sure it’ll serve you well. If you’re like me and shoot game at 40 yards or less then a Bear will do the job. I use quality arrows and broadheads and have had a lot of success with my Bear!
My other bow is a $300 mossburg .308. Whatever gets the job done……

Lol

Cause i've got an unused LH bow i would have let you have cheap. I do have a Hoyt ZX200(?), circa 2004 that is right handed. I'd send it to you just for the cost of shipping, but be advised it would be ABSOLUTELY neccessary to have it re-strung. A naked bow, but i assume you've got all the accessories.

Cause i've got an unused LH bow i would have let you have cheap. I do have a Hoyt ZX200(?), circa 2004 that is right handed. I'd send it to you just for the cost of shipping, but be advised it would be ABSOLUTELY neccessary to have it re-strung. A naked bow, but i assume you've got all the accessories.
That is very kind. I’ve gotten it replaced with Another second hand bow now. Thankfully the owner was good with me making him payments so it all worked out..

I’m not gonna say NO to your offer, because every archer should have two in case ishh happens— but I will tell you that im not without anymore, I greatly appreciate the offer and if you’d like to hold onto it with the mind of helping out another, I’d be happy with that.

If it’s just a’hangin there collecting dust and you insist; you just tell me what I owe ya!

That is very kind. I’ve gotten it replaced with Another second hand bow now. Thankfully the owner was good with me making him payments so it all worked out..

I’m not gonna say NO to your offer, because every archer should have two in case ishh happens— but I will tell you that im not without anymore, I greatly appreciate the offer and if you’d like to hold onto it with the mind of helping out another, I’d be happy with that.

If it’s just a’hangin there collecting dust and you insist; you just tell me what I owe ya!
Look at the good people reaching out to help you. I still have some organic elk burger with your name on it if the season doesn’t work out.

Look at the good people reaching out to help you. I still have some organic elk burger with your name on it if the season doesn’t work out.
Oh thanks, Doug! Maybe when they change the season structure the way y’all would like, I can offer you the same when you’re out cuz you didn’t draw. Until then, I have elk burger, 2 elk tags and a way to continue to hunt them. Good luck this season to you as well!

Reactions: DFS
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back