Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

My bow broke.

I came in from hunting yesterday after missing an opportunity at a massive buck.

I grabbed my bow put lf the toyota to do a little shooting before the evening hunt.

Pics are self explanatory.

Bow is a Scheels October Mountain Smokey Mountain Hunter. I bought it 3 years ago.

It's has been strung for a while. Shooting every day, etc.

Luckily I have a back up compound.
I was dead set on not killing a deer unless I did it with a recurve. That has changed, as I can't stay out of the hills. Lol.

Recommendation for a nice recurve that doesn't cost as much as a flagship compound?

I really like the simplicity and ease of carrying of a recurve. This compound is heavy as sin.

BTW. I was inside 20 yards of that buck but could not see him as he was on the other side of a rock. I had to sneak down a bit and he was sneaking out the back door.
View attachment 233786View attachment 233787
Oh well. The hunt is a rush!
A wise man once told me “don’t use ALL of your superpowers when you draw that bow son”😂

I came in from hunting yesterday after missing an opportunity at a massive buck.

I grabbed my bow put lf the toyota to do a little shooting before the evening hunt.

Pics are self explanatory.

Bow is a Scheels October Mountain Smokey Mountain Hunter. I bought it 3 years ago.

It's has been strung for a while. Shooting every day, etc.

Luckily I have a back up compound.
I was dead set on not killing a deer unless I did it with a recurve. That has changed, as I can't stay out of the hills. Lol.

Recommendation for a nice recurve that doesn't cost as much as a flagship compound?

I really like the simplicity and ease of carrying of a recurve. This compound is heavy as sin.

BTW. I was inside 20 yards of that buck but could not see him as he was on the other side of a rock. I had to sneak down a bit and he was sneaking out the back door.
View attachment 233786View attachment 233787
Oh well. The hunt is a rush!
(y)

If it has the Scheels name on it their company policy is essentially lifetime satisfaction guarantee (minus fishing rods I think). They may not replace it, but they may fix it at no charge or give you a new one discounted or credit towards something else. Talk to a white shirt in the hunting department. Scheels prides itself on taking care of the customer, especially on their own brands.

If it has the Scheels name on it their company policy is essentially lifetime satisfaction guarantee (minus fishing rods I think). They may not replace it, but they may fix it at no charge or give you a new one discounted or credit towards something else. Talk to a white shirt in the hunting department. Scheels prides itself on taking care of the customer, especially on their own brands.

I already tossed the limbs.

Gas to get to Scheels is more than 2 sets of limbs, and I have no plans to travel that direction soon, so I'll just order a new set of limbs or a new bow. I haven't decided yet.

Working on getting my daughter through her deer season then will come up with a plan.

Back