Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Multi Pin/Slider sights

Speeddmn

I know a couple of companys make these. I like the concept but I haven't held one in my hand. I assume the entire sight moves? Or does someone make it where just the pin inside the sight moves?

Also if anyone uses one, please give me feedback on it. I might change it up for next years season. Then again I might just stay with a 5 pin, but I do like the idea of training out to 100 yards or so.

I use a 4 pin Tommy Hogg by Spot-Hogg. 20, 30, 40 ,50 and then the entire housing moves to make the bottom pin 60,...130.
Extremely tough and vibration/noise free set up.

Flawless tracking and return to zero :cool:

It might be good for practicing long distances but I would always be worried it might not go back to zero in a hunting situation.

I can also be added to this list, I have 2 (a 3 pin and a 4 pin though).

Now from looking at that sight, the entire housing and all the pins move as you slide it correct? Does it ever get confusing?

I like the concept behind the Trophy taker one, just the one pin moves, the other 5 are stationary along with the housing. I want to hunt with a 5 pin, but I want to be able to practice out to 100 so that the 50-60 yard shot if presented is more comfortable.

Now from looking at that sight, the entire housing and all the pins move as you slide it correct? Does it ever get confusing?

I like the concept behind the Trophy taker one, just the one pin moves, the other 5 are stationary along with the housing. I want to hunt with a 5 pin, but I want to be able to practice out to 100 so that the 50-60 yard shot if presented is more comfortable.

I set my 4-pin like this to help me differentiate:

Green - 10-30 yds
Amber - 40 yds
Green - 50 yds
Red - 60yds and floater

This helps me differentiate my floater pin; which I don't actually use much other than practicing.

I currently have a Limbsaver Prism Sight Elite with the added single adjustable pin. It works pretty good. But I have never made a tape for it so its been rather useless on that front. Ive been thinking about the 5 pin Black Gold Ascent Verdict with the 1 3/4" housing. One reason is I like the idea of a magnification lens for target shooting which I think would be nice since I have one bow to use for everything. I bought an Apex Covert 4 pin adjustable before I decided I wanted something different and it has a stop on it that you just dial it down until it stops and its back to 0..

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back