Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Mule Deer Repeat Dream Tag Draw

jjubran

Just wanted to share my enthusiasm with y'all! 2019 I drew 1 of 12 Rifle tags with 11 points, for a very coveted mule deer hunt here in TX. This year with 14 points, luck has struck again and I drew 1 of 12 Archery tags for the same Unit. I have been all giggles in anticipation. It will be a very...very, difficult hunt and I will be filming solo this time around as all my buddies are unavailable this go around. If you want to see the 2019 hunt, check it out below. I can't wait to get another film put together this year, hopefully with another buck on the ground. 2019 TX Mule Deer

Do they have separate point pools for rifle and archery? That is pretty awesome to draw them so close together. Good luck and find a big one!

Do they have separate point pools for rifle and archery? That is pretty awesome to draw them so close together. Good luck and find a big one!
Thank a ton man, I will try to put together another video for this one, it will be tough to solo film and archery hunt and it wont be @bigfin quality for sure! If you haven't see the rifle video you ought to give it a look, some pretty hot rut action is captured on film. "Don't forget to like and subscribe" hahaha

Yes, here you earn points in each category i.e. archer mule deer, rifle mule deer, archer whitetail, rifle white tail etc. on top of that they also have categories such as; management buck, antlerless/spike, the list goes on and on.

Great video. Did you really have to drag it out whole? Is that a park regulation or something?
Yes we did, they highly encouraged it if at all possible. So in the name of conservation and biological studies, we sucked it up and drug it about 1.5 miles. It was not fun. This year I’ll be solo so unless is next to a road it’s getting quartered and carried out in my new Mystery Ranch Marshall. Thanks for watching it👊🏼👊🏼

Great video. Did you really have to drag it out whole? Is that a park regulation or something?
Yes. I apply every year, but TX public draw hunts are kinda stupid. All but requiring that you bring it out whole is just one of the stupid issues. Dont get me wrong, you’re hunting animals that don’t get hunted much, but there is a lot of hand holding and some goofy regulations. There’s not really a way to e-scout either as you will be assigned a very small portion of whatever you draw, and it will be decided after you arrive and go through orientation. Then they have some silly rules like packing out animals whole, no camping except at designated camp sites(even at places that allow back country camping if you’re not a hunter), paying overnight fees to pitch a one man tent on a hunt that you already paid for, a 4-day hunt is actually 1 afternoon, 2 days, and 1 morning with a check-out by noon, some hunts don’t allow camping at all so you literally have to book a hotel. You’re not allowed any guests. I would really like to bring my dad along on some hunts he doesn’t want to go on, but would be happy to accompany me on. It’s not allowed. On a Javelina hunt I asked why and they told me that if non-hunting guests were allowed, then they would just end up hunting and shooting extra animals. I told them that if I wanted to shoot extra animals I didn’t need to bring a non-hunting guest to do so. The GW was not impressed.

Some of the TX draw hunts are in some really cool places and the harvest is very limited. No doubt there are some upsides. Still, I’d take most tags from the major western states over any of the TX draw tags. Both? Sure!

You’ve been lucky to draw twice! I hope you’re just as lucky when you get there!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back